View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed 18 Oct, 2017 1:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Organise a Kids ride 
TRAIL HACK

Post Organise a Kids ride
Thought it might be worthwhile seeing if we can all co-ordinate a few rides with each other and share some ride spots.

My son and a few other kids on 50's go to pumicstone road near caboolture there's some great trails there but its flat as a tack!

What else is out there and who else is out there?

Tue 31 Jan, 2012 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
TRAIL BOSS

Post Re: Organise a Kids ride
Good to see you back on the site Dave.

I take generally take JackyS to Glendon at Warwick.

It is a mission of a day but has enough there to keep the kids going for the day. Only cost $15 each and I gather if he can ride Warwick rocks he can ride anywhere. They only have a kids flat track plus 1000 arces of sheep trails. Nothing to tough but not entirely flat. A good area for kids to experience trail riding without to many other around. Lots of families go out there.

Hoping to organise a kids ride weekend with Steve and Zacman this year. Which is open to anyone with tackers 10yrs old or less.
Date and details pending.

I am going away to hols and won't be back until beginning of March. I'll drop you a PM then about tee up some mini bike action.

Wed 01 Feb, 2012 8:57 am
Profile WWW
I agree, glendon is good for kids.late march would be great for my tribe bert.

cheers steve.

Wed 01 Feb, 2012 5:32 pm
TRAIL HACK

Bloody Hell Bert i need your job!! :p

The end of march is pretty ordinary for me with b'days and weddings etc Could definitely do the 10/11th of March though.

Give me a yell when you have more details.

Wed 01 Feb, 2012 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
10/11th is out for me,it's our club ride at kyogle (big weekend).but as we all know you can't cater for everybody.

steve.

Wed 01 Feb, 2012 6:01 pm
TRAIL GURU

Hi guys I would be interested as well, I have 2 sons on 1 on a pee wee 50 and 1 on an ttr110 they are not great riders as work commitments stop me from taking them out, so let me no a date and we can organize something,but not sure on the conditions at this present time.

Thu 02 Feb, 2012 6:52 am
hey scwr450,glendon has a little kids track at camp ground and then a great flat track about 4ks out.My 6yr old had a ball.
They have a small kiosk with ice and basic's also.
The track to the flat track is a bit rocky but you can get a pw out to it quite easily.
Bloody hell zacman is much better rider on his klx 110 that 70 was way to small for him.

Cheers steve.

This is the kids track near camp

Flat track

Track to flat track

Thu 02 Feb, 2012 7:06 am
TRAIL BOSS

Dave - I'm totally supported by the missus. She is the one who earns the bucks :D My job sucks bat! Paternity testing the great unwashed!

Won't be home from US until 12 March.

I will be keen any weekend after that. Late March sounds good - remembering Easter starts last weekend of March.

Probably just do a weekend at Glendon at this stage.

Everyone is welcome to bring your mini riders.

Thu 02 Feb, 2012 10:05 am
Profile WWW
bert when i was there in dec the owners told me easter is nearly booked out,so best we try when it is a bit quieter eh.Weekend before or after something like that.

steve.

Thu 02 Feb, 2012 10:19 am
TRAIL BOSS

Yep wasn't going to go near the place at easter, just a reminder that last weekend of March is definitely out.
Either weekend 17th or 24th March
Have to see how the body is feeling after 2 weeks skiing. My aging body may need a rest, although I will be hanging by then to ride.
Me and JackyS are wrapped in cotton wool at present - can't afford any injuies before going away.

Thu 02 Feb, 2012 10:47 am
Profile WWW
TRAIL HACK

i will be keen to come with my son as well he is 8. at the moment he has a import bike, goes alright, he does some of our easy tracks on it, until i can afford a klx 110 it will have to do him. any weekend is good for me, will keep an ear out on when ya decide to go. cheers

Thu 02 Feb, 2012 4:20 pm
TRAIL GURU

My young bloke is wanting to go to Glen Echo park,looks like it has nice campsites and kids tracks,has anyone been there?
We've been to motocross mountain,it was a bit dissapointing,only 1 small kids track.

Thu 02 Feb, 2012 8:39 pm
TRAIL LEGEND

I"m a big kid... that counts, right?

10 Kawasaki Ninja 250R -too green

Thu 02 Feb, 2012 8:43 pm
TRAIL GURU

Hoodlum wrote:
My young bloke is wanting to go to Glen Echo park,looks like it has nice campsites and kids tracks,has anyone been there?
We've been to motocross mountain,it was a bit dissapointing,only 1 small kids track.

Last time I went to Glen echo it only had one small kids size track and only very small......a 1/4 of MX MTN kids track.....camping sites are good but unless you book a site or get there early you will be camping on an angle.

the main mx track is just a bush mx track and would be dangerous for young kids 8 and under IMO.

The single track in the bush is great ....very tight.......a heap of fun thou....snake gully my fav

they have a flat track and another mid size small track with a jump or two....ow and a lake to swim in.......its a big drive from Brisbane......but worth a look I suppose. :headbang

05 CRF450X......
97 XR400R
94 XR250R
92 ZZR250

Thu 02 Feb, 2012 8:58 pm
TRAIL GURU

TEXASRANGER wrote:
Hoodlum wrote:

Last time I went to Glen echo it only had one small kids size track and only very small......a 1/4 of MX MTN kids track.....camping sites are good but unless you book a site or get there early you will be camping on an angle.

the main mx track is just a bush mx track and would be dangerous for young kids 8 and under IMO.

The single track in the bush is great ....very tight.......a heap of fun thou....snake gully my fav

they have a flat track and another mid size small track with a jump or two....ow and a lake to swim in.......its a big drive from Brisbane......but worth a look I suppose. :headbang

Thanks for the info....yeah long drive for sure,might do a weekend up there before easter.

Thu 02 Feb, 2012 9:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 
support our sponsors Servicing Australia
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.