View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue 19 Dec, 2017 8:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Hey Girls, Telll us your dirt bike story 
TRAIL GURU

Post Hey Girls, Telll us your dirt bike story
OK, I thought I'd start off this sub forum for the Ladies to tell us a bit about themselves so we know who is local and around our area and what they enjoy about dirt bikes?

1.Where are you from?
2.When did you start riding and what got your interest?
3.What bikes have you had?
4.How long have you been riding?
5.What do you enjoy most about riding?
6.Where do you like riding the most?
7.What scares you the most about dirt bikes?
8.Any tips or advice for other ladies looking at getting into dirt bikes?

I'll start....here is my story:
1. I am from the north side of Brisie

2.I started when I was 9?that's 29 years ago now?.. on a YZ50J I got for my birthday. I really enjoyed it, so mum and dad started me in racing and I won my first Qld mx title on my 10th B'day.

3. I soon got an 80J, then an 80G(to this day not sure why we got this one???) May be easy to list them in the order I got them as my racing continued for the next 11 years..
YZ 60 J stroked back to a 50
XR 80 in a J frame
KX 60F
KX 80F
KX 60(F1 I think) stroked back to a 50
KX 80 G1 tuned by a go cart racer who knew his stuff.Great bike! Won the Aussie Titles on this one.
I wasn't allowed a 125 until I could do 20 chin ups off the BBQ shed.
KX 125 (the Pig)
KX 100 (Daryl Beatie's old bike)
YZ125A To this day the best suspension set up?I Picked up a ride with Yamaha for the year..and then another year after that!
YZ 125 (? Model? The pink one) Another freebie thanks to Yamaha
TTR 250 While at uni
KLX 250 (shared with my hubby)
350 Warrior Quad
XR 400
CRF 450X (current bike)

4. I raced for 11 years, had a year without a bike and then bought a TTR 250 to ride to uni and hit Mt Mee for the first time trail riding with some Old MX crusties. After I finished uni I sold the bike and was out of bikes for about 10 years getting married and setting up house and having children. Then my husband bought a couple of Quads, a 350 warrior and a TRX 400. They were fun and great to double the kids around on but got pretty old pretty quick as we both sparked an old flame by riding them. Four wheels was just too many so we both got an XR 400. That is when we started to meet people off TRA.

5. I enjoy the people and the laughs I have with this lot on here. I also enjoy the challenge.

6. My Favourite riding area at the moment is Kenilworth. That place is awesome and Redhot leads a fantastic ride up there. Thanks Wayne icon_thumright icon_thumright

7. Speed....I hate going fast....high speed scares me the most and I would rather do a difficult hill climb. violent5

8. The best advice I have is to have fun. Don't be intimidated by other riders, aspire to be like them.

cheers occasion14

Wed 16 Mar, 2011 9:52 am
TRAIL HACK

Post Re: Hey Girls, Telll us your dirt bike story
1.Where are you from?
Narangba

I started riding when I was 19, I had been racing SuperKarts for about 18months but got bored with the long wait between races so decided to get a bike much to the disgust of my dad.

Way too many, started with an RM80, then XR200, YZ125, KTM200, KTM300, KTM400 and now another KTM200.

Started when I was 19 so I guess that makes it about 11 years now. Have had a couple of breaks to have kids.

I just love getting out on the bike in general, great way to de-stress. I love riding with other girls also, it doesn,t happen very often unfortunately.

Have only ridden at Amamoor once but I loved it, not a fan of Guerulla though.

Speed and coming off at speed. Had a nice over the handle bars experience at Mt Mee that scared me.

Just do it, its great fun and good exercise and most of all I love it.

05 KTM 200 EXC

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 6:58 am
Profile WWW
TRAIL HACK

Hey Everybody,

Here's my story...

1.Where are you from?

South side of Brisbane

I started riding at about the age of 10. I have an older brother and a younger brother, no sisters so when my older brother got a dirt bike, of course I wanted one too! I got all the 'hand-me downs' better than no bikes though! Once I started, haven't stopped!

3.What bikes have you had?4.How long have you been riding?
Been riding for 13 years or so and been racing mx from 06-07, enduro from 08-11
Bikes ok here is the list
PW50
PW80
XR80
XR100
YZ80
YZ125 (was worked to the max, had vortex ignition, shaved a thou of the head gasket, after market piston, DEP expansion chamber, V force reed valve all tuned on the dyno)
KTM200EXCCRF250R
RMZ250F (Suzuki Race plan) Did all the AORC races, qld events and even the NSW sprint titles
Got 4th for the Aussie's (enduro titles), and was the NSW champ for 2009
WR250F (Yamaha Race Plan) 2010 - Raced all QLD events. Got 3rd. AND FINISHED THE A4DE hello2
Current - CRF250X (Honda Race plan) Put R Cam in, and just got FMF Factory 4.1 exhaust slip on...mega bomb header is coming! Got it internally lowered in my rear shock, first bike i can touch the ground tippy toe WHOOO! :headbang

What I love most about riding is just getting out, going for a ride and thinking about nothing but
the corner ahead of me. I love jumping though, any ant mounts or drop off's gotta hit em ;)
Or occassionaly I have to find a mx track to get it outta my system

I love single track the most, tight tracks suit my riding style alot more than open stuff. I don't think I have a favourite track, but recently went on a ride with Redhot at Kenilworth and found some rainforest tracks which I really enjoyed! I also did a dalby moto ride last year at kingaroy and they had heaps of rain....it was the BEST track (riding in sandy creek beds, then single trail that flowed)...great track. Prob wudn't be so great if they didnt have all that rain.

Little tuffs of grass which I'm not sure if they are hidden tree stumps or just a tuft of grass until its too late....came off at speed and fractured T7 in my back in 04...it was a tree stump!....not cool!
Darting through the bush, hitting something (tree root, or a stick goes thru the spokes) and your sent straight into the next gum tree...

AND riding through spider-webs OH GOD!!! :cussing

I like this saying.... 'experience tells you what to do, but confidence allows you to do it'
Its so true, in anything you apply it to. I would say get out there and have fun, if you can't get something, keep trying...persist with it , its so worth it!

2012 KTM 350EXC-F
RIP -CRF250X

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 12:25 pm
TRAIL LEGEND

I think Donna forgot to mention she would have a new fear of tufts of grass after the weekend Naomi. BangHead

She was lucky to be out of first gear, hits the stump and down on her knee, bang, stumps in grass suck :cussing

Paul

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 8:10 pm
TRAIL NEWB

Hello
I have only been riding once with a girls group from this site that was with Billie

1.Where are you from?
Bayside, Brisbane

I started riding occassionally when i was 10 yrs on a friends farm in NSW, then i went into competing horses till i was 21 yrs, did nothing till i met my husband when i was 27 yrs he raced the sunshine series mx so i decided to join in the fun too and i am now 39 yrs.

3.What bikes have you had?4.How long have you been riding?
cr80
kx100
crf230
xt225 rode to cape york on
ttr230 on a girls ride in NSW went over the side of a mud slopped bridge, near killed me the bike was posessed i'm sure.
currently own a KTM250EXCF the love of my life apart from my husband, the poor thing has been lowered because i stand only 5ft high.
i have been riding seriously for 12 yrs, i'll try to keep riding as long as my body lets me.

Passing grown men stuck on narly hill climbs. And exploring new tracks.

Kenilworth number one, then Urbenville when it doesn't rain. oh yeh and Coffs Harbour is as good as Kenilworth (Detour rides done a few of them awesome).

Big down hills because i can't touch the ground and high speed (means big crashes - had a few of those!!! )

Don't let the fellers tell you it's for BOYS only, riding bikes is a lot easier then it looks and you can do it at any age.

Alli hello2

Thu 17 Mar, 2011 9:33 pm
TRAIL GURU

Nice one Ladies. Some interesting reads.

Billie, tell us about the supercarts. Where did you race? How'd you go? What class did you run? hello2

Naomi....How'd you go at your first race meet the other weekend? I've fractured T7 also, did it when I was 10 racing at archerfield speedway. Sounds like you are getting the Honda dialed in. icon_thumright Like Paul said: I HATE tufts of grass and hidden stumps too BangHead :cussing BangHead I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Kilarney.....there is going to be some carnage in the cow paddocks......hidden rocks and stumps everywhere.

Alli, sorry we've never met out on the trails, where do you normally ride? Do you do many organised rides? They are a pretty good crew in here. If I ever throw my leg over a bike again...(torn cruciate ligament in my knee at the moment) I hope to catch up with you.

So as far as I see it, I don't think the girls sub forum is exclusive to the girls, not enough of us in here, and comments would be welcome from the rest of the crew. Feel free to post away occasion14

Fri 18 Mar, 2011 8:59 am
TRA Forum Fixer

I have never broken a bone luckily, but I hate tufts of grass hiding things too. My brother broke his foot when it got squashed between a hidden stump and the foot peg. I have crashed a car offroad hitting a hidden stump at about 40kph, the car stopped almost instantly :o

Fri 18 Mar, 2011 10:27 am
Profile WWW
TRAIL HACK

Hi all....

1.Where are you from?
Brisbane - Northside, 35, single ( just thought Id throw that in ..ha)

Road bikes about 10 years ago, now strictly dirt.Just love the idea of cruising on 2 wheels, learning to carve up berms is my fave...Im getting there!

xt225
gsx250
nsr150
crf230
crf150r

My crf150r I bought about 5 months ago- Im more motox orientated but love trails too.

berms berms berms !!! ... improving my skills n hanging out for a day of riding with cool people.

At the moment Parklands, but since I dont know many motox riders...might get into more trails, so beerburum,kenilworth, sunny coast?...Beaudesert when it opens!

The addiction factor - the more I ride, the more I want to ride...could it be taking me over??...hmmm....nah, naturally the falling off factor is scarey but we cant live our lives wrapped in cotton wool....no pain no gain! Life is for living !

Dont be afraid to just get out there n ride...all the people I have met through riding are brilliant, friendly and willing to help out. Respect your bike. Dont ride because ur boyfriend does ;)

ImageImageImage

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 9:19 am
TRAIL NEWB

Hi Donna
I've ridden at Kenilworth quite number of times over the years,rode at Mt Mee before all the gates were put up, Beerwah a lot in the past not so much now because there are too many mx bikes and 4x4 up there. We do the ADBA rides mainly now and the Chook Chase,we are starting to do the RTCB rides now too. I haven't ridden to much in the last 6 months due to old injuries creeping up on me. I would love to come out on a ride one day.

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 7:18 pm
TRAIL HACK

Dont blame the mx bikes.

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 8:11 pm
TRAIL NEWB

Sorry but mx bikes are for mx tracks not for riding in state forest or national parks where rego is a requirement.

Mon 21 Mar, 2011 7:41 pm
TRAIL BOSS

1.Where are you from?

Sunshine Coast

TTR230A

An embarrassingly long 3 years considering how slow I ride binkybaby

Switching off and not thinking about anything but the track ahead. The people you meet on the rides

Lots of places - Amamoor, Yandina, Kenilworth, Beerburrum

Falling off badly

None sorry. Just do it? icon_scratch

Mon 21 Mar, 2011 8:48 pm

Hi Donna,
Been a while, sorry to hear about your knee, wishing you a speedy recovery!

1.Where are you from?North Brissie - born and bred

2.When did you start riding and what got your interest?Sorry girls, did the "boyfriend got a bike, so did I" thing...approx 3.5 yrs ago been trail riding with the boys every since

WR250F 03
WR250F 05
WR250F 07
WR450F 07 (Current)

Fitness, speed, social, tight as single and HILLS w00t w00t!

Sunny Coast mainly
- Kenilworth
- Amamoor
- Imbil

Some Beerburrum, Mt Mee, been on Coffs Detour which was brilliant! Recently beach riding at Double Island Point (Kings Bore etc) which is always a laugh

Feral rutted downhills, broken bones aren't so swell either

Ride to your ability, you will gain confidence and speed in time. If you don't make a hill, go down and try again a couple more times before considering a lift up!

Craig and I head out sunny coast every other weekend, kitted out with a GPS (when its not busted) and helmet cam to record the good times. Keen for anyone to come along, i'll keep an eye for any organised meet and greets and be sure to tag along!

Cheers

Rhi

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 9:02 pm
TRAIL HACK

robnalli wrote:
Sorry but mx bikes are for mx tracks not for riding in state forest or national parks where rego is a requirement.

Dont be sorry, you arent the morons who make the rules....The rego saga is a joke.

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 9:45 pm
Great thread ladies THE Witch might even get on here sometime soon!! She really enjoied riding ATV'S in the states if it was easier here she have 1
it would be great to see a ladies only ride sorted, :D or maybe MR Michaelf and co could through a ladies loop at kenilworth

good to see you RHIbee

k75 wrote:
robnalli wrote:

Dont be sorry, you arent the morons who make the rules....The rego saga is a joke.

K75 if rec rego was the same here as down south and make it legal to ride state forest etc most here would be on MXers.
but it ain't so must here go for compliant bike to save the hassles, and to give themselves more options for riding areas

cheers all occasion14

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
support our sponsors Servicing SEQLD
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.