View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue 12 Dec, 2017 10:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 fried clutch x 2 comedy of errors 
TRAIL BOSS

Post fried clutch x 2 comedy of errors
Finally some good news after having 2 clutches fried on my 2012 Husaberg TE 300 / KTM
I finally figured out why I was frying clutches.
Seems the bike also has a Rekluse adjustable slave cylinder under the non rekluse stock aftermarket case saver cover??? -
as it looked stock and couldnt see it underneath ??? thefinger
When I took the rekluse out it was dialed up for maximum adjustment and so not letting the plates fully completely close so the wear on the new set of stock setting no rekluse plates would have been excessive during a good thrashing around beer.

The next day after cooling down the shrinking cold plates meant slipping clutch appears caused by the pressure plates not getting 100% compression due to the rekluse adjustment being at max.
I only found out after putting another new clutch in after max adjusting the clutch perch lever for maximum- doooop! - and popped the seals on the slave cylinder icon_scratch
and it was only then that i took the slave cylinder apart to find the real problem. BangHead

So I got some new dual seals = 1 for the gearbox ATF mineral = 1 for dot 5 brake fluid ( that one nearly caught me out too )
then re-adjusted the rekluse slave cylinder back to flush and packed out the other end with washers as was the rekluse and vwalllah - a stock manual clutch that now feels great and seems to work well.
what an effort - threw me toyz outta the cot a few times.
learning the hard way - notworthy

Tue 23 Jun, 2015 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 
support our sponsors Servicing Australia
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.