View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed 13 Dec, 2017 12:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 You tube 
TRAIL GURU

Post You tube
Have had a few dramas trying to upload. I think they are mainly music related. How do you know what you can and can't put in as soundtrack? Is Vimeo better in this regard?
Cheers,
Sunny.

Fri 03 Dec, 2010 6:25 am
Profile WWW
Post Whore
Post Whore

Post Re: You tube
sunny wrote:
Have had a few dramas trying to upload. I think they are mainly music related. How do you know what you can and can't put in as soundtrack? Is Vimeo better in this regard?
Cheers,
Sunny.

the two main reasons right there I went to Vimeo. Uploading issues and sountrack Rights..

Turns out Vimeo has better quality standard :wav

But this causes issues with people (YES YOU RABS) watching the vids with old crappy computers...... (God knows how many times I put up a guide on how to upgrade your flash player.... BangHead BangHead BangHead BangHead BangHead ).

Youtube regularly crashes on me. It has to do with the fact that I am on a RIM (telstra hardware) and i get small interruptions in service sometimes.

In vimeo uploads no issues It just takes off from where I left off.
In you tube uploads Nope start again.. BangHead BangHead BangHead BangHead

Vimeo now has the Desk top uploader. fantastic bit of gear that you can stop your upload and come back to it and also Que the uploads (up to 10 at a time.) so set ten to upload overnight and post em in the morning :wav

Problem is to upload a large amount to Vimeo and more than 1 HD you have to pay... :o

Not so good.

I have paid and let Tra members use the account to upload. $50 a year Cost to me.... sleepy2

So TO ME youtube sucks balls.. (Or is that telstra...) If they had an uploader I suppose it would be ok.... But then you would have no Fing sound if you added a track...

Vimeo aint perfect but isnt bad either...

Fri 03 Dec, 2010 9:20 am
TRAIL HACK

yeah I had heaps of trouble uploading my first video. It was over a gig in size, so I changed the format and it came out at about 350 for comparable quality.

Sunny, with youtube you can always upload it with no music then pick a song with the youtube vid editor and let them layer it. Not too sure if this lets you still hear the bikes or not though. If I come up with that error I just delete the file and pick another song, thats the benefit of having a big data allowance though :D

Fri 03 Dec, 2010 2:02 pm
TRAIL HACK

simon loves youpube

Fri 03 Dec, 2010 10:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ] 
support our sponsors Servicing Australia
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.