View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun 17 Dec, 2017 12:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Black Duck Visit - Wed 29/6 
TRAIL BOSS

Post Black Duck Visit - Wed 29/6
Took my boy up to Black Duck yesterday (open as of last Sat) to hit the kids tracks.

Interesting drive in checking out the devastation up through the valley that the wall of water must have caused during the floods, plus lots of very visible landslides up on the hills etc.

The main enterance to the park is the same but the front house has been abandoned by the owners and the check in is now via a newly cut road to the second house. The family running it now are from Brissie and certainly have a more professional set up, as they are affliated with MA. I originally thought the MA stuff would be over the top, but it is going to make the park alot safer for all. They will have two paramedics on site all weekend now and flag marshalls on the main tracks for safety.

The MX tracks are the same ie. 3 kid tracks, 4 seniors, albit they are little grassy at present.

Talking to the owners there is no immediate plan to reopen the enduro loops or freestyle areas as they were too badly damaged during the floods plus they are on a different lease owned by the front house, who aren't sure if they are returning.

The new people running it were a very welcoming and kept a good eye on what was happening on all the tracks all day. He drove his quad around constantly chating to all and making sure everyone was enjoying themselves.

Overall the park is pretty much the same as it was, minus some camping areas and enduro tracks. The professionalism of the set up has certainly changed, and if you are bringing your family you can expect to ride in safety minus the wank factor.

A big thumbs up ! My boy has finally got a spot to get back on his bike.

Sorry no photos.

Thu 30 Jun, 2011 8:29 am
Profile WWW
TRAIL HACK

Post Re: Black Duck Visit - Wed 29/6
So no more enduro loops out there? Damn, they were my motivation to head out there :(

Thu 30 Jun, 2011 10:23 pm
TRAIL HACK

Berty,
what was the cost, and as they are affiliated with MA, do you get a discount if you have an MA licence?

Last ride
F@%K the Whales...Save the two stroke
08 KTM 300EXC

Fri 01 Jul, 2011 11:14 pm
TRAIL BOSS

If you a MA license you just pay normal day cost. They can be found on their website.

For my boy (5 yr old) - $5 for day pass, $5 for MA day cover, so $10 all up. Still better than a fine in the bush.

Mon 04 Jul, 2011 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ] 
support our sponsors Servicing Australia
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.