View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue 21 Nov, 2017 7:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Want to improve your riding skills and strength....read on! 
TRAIL HACK

Want to improve your riding skills and strength....read on!
This is a fantastic article about overcoming the brute strength to manhandle the bike by learning to ride smarter by adopting better techniques and a better understanding of how your body works as a whole and more attention to conserving energy on the trails. This article is a great read not only for the ladies but for the males as well.

Here is a small part of the article.
If you wish to read more click on the link.

http://www.racerxvt.com/article/strengt ... -for-women

It’s not long after a girl starts riding that she hears someone (usually some guy) say “well, women will never ride as good as guys because they just don’t have the upper body strength to hack it." To which I reply, “BITE ME!" If this chick can roll a frying pan or even better, if Annie Seel can finish the 2010 Dakar 45th out of 88 motorcycle competitors (um, 84 of those were guys), women certainly have enough to hack it pretty well.

Of course it is reality women just have less upper body muscle mass than men, but instead of letting it be an excuse to give up, turn it into a positive kick in the pants to help you become a better rider. You can overcome the lack of brute strength to manhandle the bike by learning to ride smarter with better technique (skills), better understanding of how your body works as a whole (strength), and better attention to conserving energy (endurance). Brains CAN make up for some brawn!

2012 KTM 350EXC-F
RIP -CRF250X

Wed 24 Aug, 2011 12:21 pm
TRA Forum Fixer

Post Re: Want to improve your riding skills and strength....read
I'm built like a girl, with no upper (or lower) body strength. I should read that article :D

Wed 24 Aug, 2011 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Dude
Pro Dude

Thanks Naomi..

Yes Wes ur very very much on the border line :P

Wed 24 Aug, 2011 5:45 pm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Anyone who states that a chick cant ride a bike as well as a bloke round here is in for an lesson....

I have seen a few dished out.
Fun to sit back and watch when someone states "I dont wan to ride with a bloody girl" when Donna turns up and that someone has never ridden with her. Only to be passed in the air over a set of whoops. Its great to then say....So what was it you said back at the car park.... something about riding with Chicks...

I think Naomi you are starting to teach a few lessons your self to the blokes here.

On another note.
Since I am out of action and so baddly out of fittness I am off to the Physio everyweek.

The one thing that has done me a lot of good is my lower Ab and lower back strength in assisting recovery. This comes from riding every weekend. ( well the riding I USED to do).

You build strenght ridng that you dont anywhere else. Mind you it would have been 10 x better if I had stood up more.

The more you ride the More strenght you build.

Core strength is very important as it assists in Not getting hurt or lessening the injury in an off.

I can now say that pliates is a great way to gain core fitness and this will aid in Ride fitness.

But after my rambling, Ride smart is always a good idea.

Wed 24 Aug, 2011 6:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ] 
support our sponsors Servicing SEQLD
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.