View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun 17 Dec, 2017 4:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Hey Girls, Telll us your dirt bike story 
TRAIL HACK

Post Re: Hey Girls, Telll us your dirt bike story
k75 wrote:
robnalli wrote:
Sorry but mx bikes are for mx tracks not for riding in state forest or national parks where rego is a requirement.

Dont be sorry, you arent the morons who make the rules....The rego saga is a joke.

In reply to DITCHWITCH-

Yeah , I know, i have an "unregistered" bike so I hear ya....but I looove my bike so will just have to risk it from time to time, go to the RTCB rides, parks and hope to meet more riders !

I love trails too but learning mx is my fave....My bike isnt as heavy or big as most the road rego'd ones too - part the reason I love it so much, its easier to throw it around and if I was to drop it, its easy to pick up. My mates have crf250s, rego'd, n they are too big n heavy for me. My 230 was a pain in the ass too...great bike but slow n I was always a lil apprehensive on it.

Maybe I need to buy another bike for trails only?...Any suggestions...Im 165 tall, 59 kg...

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 7:12 am
TRAIL GURU

rhibee wrote:
Hi Donna,
Been a while, sorry to hear about your knee, wishing you a speedy recovery!

1.Where are you from?North Brissie - born and bred

2.When did you start riding and what got your interest?Sorry girls, did the "boyfriend got a bike, so did I" thing...approx 3.5 yrs ago been trail riding with the boys every since

3.What bikes have you had?
WR250F 03
WR250F 05
WR250F 07
WR450F 07 (Current)

5.What do you enjoy most about riding?
Fitness, speed, social, tight as single and HILLS w00t w00t!

6.Where do you like riding the most?
Sunny Coast mainly
- Kenilworth
- Amamoor
- Imbil

Some Beerburrum, Mt Mee, been on Coffs Detour which was brilliant! Recently beach riding at Double Island Point (Kings Bore etc) which is always a laugh

7.What scares you the most about dirt bikes?
Feral rutted downhills, broken bones aren't so swell either

8.Any tips or advice for other ladies looking at getting into dirt bikes?
Ride to your ability, you will gain confidence and speed in time. If you don't make a hill, go down and try again a couple more times before considering a lift up!

Craig and I head out sunny coast every other weekend, kitted out with a GPS (when its not busted) and helmet cam to record the good times. Keen for anyone to come along, i'll keep an eye for any organised meet and greets and be sure to tag along!

Cheers

Rhi

Hey Rhi,
Where ya bin?
See you've stepped up to the 450....awesome....how you liking it? Not knocking you around too much? Would love to catch up for a blat. I may organise something later...see how the knee plays out but it is getting better everyday. Thats what I am telling myself anyway. So where is some of this hel cam footage......post some up .....would love to see it, so would others I think.
:wav

k75 wrote:
Yeah , I know, i have an "unregistered" bike so I hear ya....but I looove my bike so will just have to risk it from time to time, go to the RTCB rides, parks and hope to meet more riders !

I love trails too but learning mx is my fave....My bike isnt as heavy or big as most the road rego'd ones too - part the reason I love it so much, its easier to throw it around and if I was to drop it, its easy to pick up. My mates have crf250s, rego'd, n they are too big n heavy for me. My 230 was a pain in the ass too...great bike but slow n I was always a lil apprehensive on it.

Maybe I need to buy another bike for trails only?...Any suggestions...Im 165 tall, 59 kg...
k75 wrote:
robnalli wrote:
Sorry but mx bikes are for mx tracks not for riding in state forest or national parks where rego is a requirement.

Dont be sorry, you arent the morons who make the rules....The rego saga is a joke.

In reply to DITCHWITCH-

Hey K75...great shots of you by the way at Parklands by the looks? I love MX too ....that is my background and the only place I get reasonably close to staying in front of my husband. I know what you are saying about the lightness and ability to throw the bike around on a MX track. We used to ride XR400's and then we got a KTM300 and took it out to blackduck ......huge difference in throwing the KTM around compared to the XR....it braked better, turned better and was lighter in the air. I like Paul's idea of getting a group together for parklands...its not a bad track and not too far away and if the rego riders get bored well.....we can always nick off into the bush. Re your dilemmah with rego...why not a KTM 200? Nice light little bike that can be rego'd but still awesome fun on an MX track. If we had the money we'd get a rego'd 125 to scream round in the bush in just for fun.......it would be a great change. Riding trails is heaps of fun.....I think you would have a ball with the crew here......seriously consider getting some rego, any compromises you make with a bike will be worth it by being able to ride more places than just the MX parks.....IMO
All the best Oh and don't be worried about your height...Naomi is vertically challenged (sorry Naomi) and doesn;t let it slow her down, there are things that can be done to a tall bike to make them more user friendly for you.icon_thumright

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 10:23 am
TRAIL HACK

Hey Donna,

Thanks about the pics...still on the kiddies track, but gettn better...lol. Agreed about Parklands meetup- there are plenty of trails at at Kenilworth Im told so good for everyone :)

Dont get me wrong,I dont dislike trailridng...I go with friends every now n then and plan to go on the RTCB rides in May and June... just love mx a lil more...ha. I know that makes it harder for me, but my bike is like my baby, couldnt sell it...might get it a big brother instead....time to save the pennies!!

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 11:08 am

Donna,
will work on posting some stuff up soon, i now appreciate the hours you would have spent editing this stuff! just got some mounts for my helmet for the gopro, sadly i can no longer have 'secret stacks'. The 450 is goin beaut, does all the work for me and just as nimble as the 250. hitting kenilworth trails this sunday for some more! can i ask how you hurt your knee? just bought some asterix knee braces, 2 wears still warming to them - my feet feel like lead weights on the pegs!

k75 - i have a lowering link in my wr450 (and had one in the 250) lowered it 35mm, i'm 175 and 65kg and fleet are flat on the ground with boots, suspension still fine

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 10:55 pm
TRAIL HACK

rhibee wrote:
Donna,
will work on posting some stuff up soon, i now appreciate the hours you would have spent editing this stuff! just got some mounts for my helmet for the gopro, sadly i can no longer have 'secret stacks'. The 450 is goin beaut, does all the work for me and just as nimble as the 250. hitting kenilworth trails this sunday for some more! can i ask how you hurt your knee? just bought some asterix knee braces, 2 wears still warming to them - my feet feel like lead weights on the pegs!

k75 - i have a lowering link in my wr450 (and had one in the 250) lowered it 35mm, i'm 175 and 65kg and fleet are flat on the ground with boots, suspension still fine

Can I ask what you edit your footage with. I have a go pro n afew other cameras.I use videopro at the mo, paid version, looking at getting premiere pro...love making funny lil vids of a days riding...time consuming but fun :)

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 7:18 am
TRAIL GURU

rhibee wrote:
Donna,

Hey Rhi,
You've come a long way from not even wearing knee guards to wearing knee braces! Good one! I hurt my knee doing the pre ride to Kilarney. Never got out of 2nd gear the whole day, hit a stump in a tuft of grass which stopped me dead and (was doing about 10km/hr) then gracefully lost balance and fell off the side, only I didn't get to my feet for some reason? (can't figure that one out yet) and landed on the upper part of my tibia which was pushed back and tore the posterior cruciate ligament. Mighty annoyed at myself....shouldn't have happened. BangHead BangHead
Look forward to seeing some of that footage :headbang

K75, Simon is the one to ask about editing programs icon_thumright
cheers

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 9:09 am
TRAIL HACK

Don't worry Donna, its true I am vertically challenged but I have done something about it and MY GOD it has made my life so much easier!
I have put a 10mm spacer in my rear shock (so interally lowered it). Lowered the seat height by 30mm and I can now touch the ground tippy toe both feet on my CRF250X....and its electric start GOTTA LOVE THAT!

I'm only 165cm too!

2012 KTM 350EXC-F
RIP -CRF250X

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:43 am
TRAIL LEGEND

1.Where are you from? Originally, Victoria, then Darwin, and now Brissy - south side with the other half.
2.When did you start riding and what got your interest? Started on a road bike, for no reason other than thinking it would be fun and cool. A mate let me borrow her dirt bike, then I was hooked. Guess it helped that most of my non work friends ride road bikes/dirties/jetskis and love camping. Its also a good reason for my man not to bail on weekends together!
3.What bikes have you had? Just the one thus far, my TTR250. Ive been told to upgrade, and stay the same. I would like something a little lighter to heave around the bush though! The boys just want me to join the suzuki team with them I think.
4.How long have you been riding? Not a year yet. But I see a long future with it. I'm out once a month if I can, but more often with the opportunity. I'm learning quick and have been picking things up quickly. So I want to see how far I can push myself and maybe (doubtfully) keep up with the boys.
5.What do you enjoy most about riding? Everything, except hot days. I LOVE going away for a long weekend. I love getting over something I couldn't do before, going that little bit harder, faster and riding better. I seem to like mud puddles though!
6.Where do you like riding the most? We used to head out to Logan Villiage a bit, but Beerburrum seems to be the place of choice lately. I like technical things over fast things. However, I like MX tracks too. Just wish I had a better bike to have a go on.
7.What scares you the most about dirt bikes? Falling off an edge! I just need more confidence to take on the obsticles rather than hesitate.
8.Any tips or advice for other ladies looking at getting into dirt bikes? Dont be afraid of the guys out there. Some may cut you off and rip up dirt in your face, but 9 times out of 10, they are willing to help you over an obsticle if you can't, pick up your bike if you drop it or offer advice when you need it.

10 Kawasaki Ninja 250R -too green

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 8:28 pm

I've got AVS Video Editor and Ulead Videostudio, pretty basic, but does all i need with an easy interface.
all i tend to use is cutting/insert and a bit of music behind it

Went to Coffs last September - Boris got some funny footage- now that would be a good one for a girlies weekend!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qctoOZ_bU7s

Sat 26 Mar, 2011 12:01 pm
TRAIL GURU

Thanks for post Rhi, top vid....Boris is a bit of a character. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to ride coff's. They say its a pretty good ride. The 450 looks good on you...good one!!!!

Sat 26 Mar, 2011 8:23 pm
TRAIL HACK

Anyone know when the new park out Beaudesert way is opening up? Sounds like it will have something for everyone.

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 8:54 am
TRAIL NEWB

Hey Rhi
We did a couple of Boris's rides back in 2008 and 2009, the first one was a ride n raft (excellent experience) and the second was a dorrigo express. How good was the hospitality and Sandy's cooking??? An all girls ride would be fantastic, Count me in.
Alli

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 12:28 pm
TRAIL HACK

Donna450X wrote:
Naomi....How'd you go at your first race meet the other weekend? I've fractured T7 also, did it when I was 10 racing at archerfield speedway. Sounds like you are getting the Honda dialed in. icon_thumright Like Paul said: I HATE tufts of grass and hidden stumps too BangHead :cussing BangHead I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Kilarney.....there is going to be some carnage in the cow paddocks......hidden rocks and stumps everywhere.

Hey Donna, forgot to write back to this one.... Yea did really well at the Yamaha Sprint and Tambo, got 2nd overall. And got the holeshot every race! Wicked! Even won the last race.
Then Sunday just been, raced the pony express at Yarraman, got 2nd ...wasn't happy at all. Track was average as, the rock hills and I weren't friends at all.
Got round 2 of the pony express this wkend at Gympie, hoping its a better track....then 4 weeks off racing :D

How's ur knee healing up? Is it feeling any better?

2012 KTM 350EXC-F
RIP -CRF250X

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 9:21 am
TRAIL GURU

:wav Awesome stuff Naomi :wav

Congratulations :headbang

Knee is improving slowly. Thanks for asking.

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 11:46 am
TRAIL HACK

Well I hope you mend quickly and can get back on the bike soon!

:wav

2012 KTM 350EXC-F
RIP -CRF250X

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 12:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
support our sponsors Servicing Australia
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.