www.trailrideraustralia.com
http://www.trailrideraustralia.com/

Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get
http://www.trailrideraustralia.com/viewtopic.php?f=417&t=4831
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Steve570 [ Thu 05 Jan, 2012 7:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

Was looking for a new motor bike, do I upgrade the wr450 or do I get a ktm or a hussaberg??????

Author:  MANAGER [ Thu 05 Jan, 2012 7:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

Get a husky.

Author:  501freak [ Thu 05 Jan, 2012 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

yep another for husky,make sure its a 4 stoke with a big tank

Author:  Frank400 [ Thu 05 Jan, 2012 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

Good question Steve. dontknow

I will be hopefully doing the same later in the year but I will not be looking at a Berg. Waiting to see the new WR. Hard to go past their proven reliability. A KTM 350 is appealing though.

Author:  Hori [ Thu 05 Jan, 2012 7:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

I rode Andrews TM 450 other week , well it felt great , smooth power..

But rodes Dans Husaberg once it was nice smooth power also , maybe all injected ones r like this ?

Royce has a great KTM here for sale cant go wrong great bike :P

Author:  MANAGER [ Thu 05 Jan, 2012 7:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

501freak wrote:
yep another for husky,make sure its a 4 stoke with a big tank



Q. What do they call a Husky owner with a big tank? A. An extreme optimist.

Author:  Frank400 [ Thu 05 Jan, 2012 7:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

MANAGER wrote:
501freak wrote:
yep another for husky,make sure its a 4 stoke with a big tank



Q. What do they call a Husky owner with a big tank? A. An extreme optimist.


sign10 sign10 sign10

Author:  501freak [ Thu 05 Jan, 2012 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

classic Manager evil6

I just thought with bigger tank more fuel to burn it with dontknow

Author:  Steve570 [ Thu 05 Jan, 2012 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

So I take it a husky is a good bom firer, frank I was looking at the new wr as well but I have been told that they still
Have front end problems, to heavy witch dosent suit me as I have to pick it up a lot. But the problem is that the wr that we have are so god dam reliable, but first time with fuel injection not sure, BUT the berg has great reviews with the power and performance plus great handling.

Author:  Steak Face [ Thu 05 Jan, 2012 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

I'd be surprised if the new WR developed issues due to the EFI. Apparently the bike has been in 'development' for 3.5 years so you'd think they'd have it sussed.

Has there been any issues with Yamaha's earlier EFI models like the WR250R or YZ450?

The latest ADB gives it a pretty good wrap (yeah yeah it's a magazine so take that with a grain of salt). They said it doesn't really shine in any particular area but that's what makes it good, it all works together.

Author:  andrew435 [ Thu 05 Jan, 2012 8:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

Steak Face wrote:
They said it doesn't really shine in any particular area but that's what makes it good, it all works together.



they say the same thing about the KLR650

Author:  Naomi [ Fri 06 Jan, 2012 8:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

KTM 350 for sure! That will be my choice. I have ridden one, and they are AMAZING! It can be whatever bike you want. A fat mans bike where you just leave it in the one gear OR a race bike OR just get up it when you feel like it.

There is so much power (and I have only ridden one stock) and is about the same weight if not lighter than my CRF250X.

Will be purchasing in late Feb

Author:  Frank400 [ Fri 06 Jan, 2012 8:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

Naomi wrote:
KTM 350 for sure! That will be my choice. I have ridden one, and they are AMAZING! It can be whatever bike you want. A fat mans bike where you just leave it in the one gear OR a race bike OR just get up it when you feel like it.

There is so much power (and I have only ridden one stock) and is about the same weight if not lighter than my CRF250X.

Will be purchasing in late Feb


Stop it Naomi... I want to stay one a blue bike but you are making my decision even harder. :D

Author:  BertyS [ Fri 06 Jan, 2012 9:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

Stay blue Frank. The others will inevietably need someone to tow them out of the bush.
I was going to buy the KTM 350 due to the weight and my bad back, but the yami got the nod, as my last WR was unstopable. Hopefully the new one is as trust worthy.
As an average punter the latest and greatest was not nesseccary. Finishing my rides with the bike still going was high on my list.

Author:  MANAGER [ Fri 06 Jan, 2012 1:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking to buy a new bike, what do I get

BertyS wrote:
Stay blue Frank. The others will inevietably need someone to tow them out of the bush.
I was going to buy the KTM 350 due to the weight and my bad back, but the yami got the nod, as my last WR was unstopable. Hopefully the new one is as trust worthy.
As an average punter the latest and greatest was not nesseccary. Finishing my rides with the bike still going was high on my list.


Frank knows full well he is getting a 350 kato, he just doesn't want to look like a turncoat too early. The latest and greatest is more necesary to the average punter, especially now he can't catch other average punter now he has said bike. sign10 I wasn't really going to come in to it but Naomi has pretty well sumed it up. :D

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC + 10 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/