www.trailrideraustralia.com
http://www.trailrideraustralia.com/

My Toy
http://www.trailrideraustralia.com/viewtopic.php?f=415&t=5581
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Teflon [ Sun 29 Apr, 2012 7:11 pm ]
Post subject:  My Toy

Well lots of talk about the dark side in here, and yes I moved over too.

I looked at a few new sleds and couldn't decide, for a market thats pretty quite it seemed dealers were looking to get the most dollars for their wares.

Anyway stumbled across my 09 530 locally and wandered up for a look, shortly after that I rolled it into my shed for some personal time. 8-)

Needed a few things, new cam chain adjuster some barkbusters and it'll be due for chain and sprockets shortly.

I threw a couple of new air filters at it changed the oil and filters and adjusted things to suit me. Overall after a few weeks I'm pretty happy with it.

Just after i brought it home
Image

Pretty well how it sits now.
Image

Image

Author:  craecrf [ Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

Sweet ride bud!

Author:  wuzofoz [ Mon 30 Apr, 2012 6:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

has your pumkin never seen the daylight before?

Author:  Paul450X [ Mon 30 Apr, 2012 7:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

I love listening to those big bores going up a long hill climb.
The way you can just drop the revs down and wind it back on in the same gear, almost like cheating bootyshake

Author:  Teflon [ Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

A pumpkin? Nobody told me i'd bought on of those bastard things!

Author:  001andrew [ Mon 30 Apr, 2012 7:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

Welcome to the proper side......
Grab a "dirt tricks" cam chain adjuster, they are awesome.
My 09 530 has done 256hrs and the valves are still in spec. I put one piston kit and a cam chain for good measure a while ago and it just keeps going strong.

Author:  Le Squid [ Mon 30 Apr, 2012 7:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

Enjoy hello2

Author:  Frank400 [ Mon 30 Apr, 2012 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

The sticker kit looks the goods... icon_thumright

Author:  Teflon [ Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

001andrew wrote:
Welcome to the proper side......
Grab a "dirt tricks" cam chain adjuster, they are awesome.
My 09 530 has done 256hrs and the valves are still in spec. I put one piston kit and a cam chain for good measure a while ago and it just keeps going strong.


Thanks All!

hey Andrew what sort of hours did you do you piston, rings and cam chain? I'm at about 130hrs at the moment and reckon it smells a bit oily now and again. Still goes well and sounds alright. Might be just being a bit anal.

Just put a new cam chain tensioner in it last week and it definately quitened it down.

Quote:
The way you can just drop the revs down and wind it back on in the same gear, almost like cheating


Yeah it is Paul, after the 610 I'm used to cheating. ;)

Author:  shaun spr [ Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

4 stroke ktm got to be happy with that ;) awsome bikes icon_thumright

Author:  001andrew [ Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

Teflon wrote:
001andrew wrote:
Welcome to the proper side......
Grab a "dirt tricks" cam chain adjuster, they are awesome.
My 09 530 has done 256hrs and the valves are still in spec. I put one piston kit and a cam chain for good measure a while ago and it just keeps going strong.


Thanks All!

hey Andrew what sort of hours did you do you piston, rings and cam chain? I'm at about 130hrs at the moment and reckon it smells a bit oily now and again. Still goes well and sounds alright. Might be just being a bit anal.

Just put a new cam chain tensioner in it last week and it definately quitened it down.

Quote:
The way you can just drop the revs down and wind it back on in the same gear, almost like cheating


Yeah it is Paul, after the 610 I'm used to cheating. ;)


Will let you know tomorrow, need to get the little service book out and check, about 150 I think. I'll take a pic of the piston for you too. Had only minor wear marks, teflon coating just starting to rub through. I dont think my bike has ever hit the rev limiter, just keep changing up which will increase the engine life 10 fold. Oil cooler too, increases the capacity by 400mls, change the oil every 20 hours. Clutch is still good too, and I use my clutch all the time. These bikes are primo, you'll be very happy.

Author:  001andrew [ Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

Frank400 wrote:
The sticker kit looks the goods... icon_thumright



Frank, your are going to mess your undies when you see my new stiker kit for the hybrid. Custom jobby from the US of A

Author:  Teflon [ Tue 01 May, 2012 7:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

Thanks Andrew! icon_thumright

Author:  001andrew [ Wed 02 May, 2012 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

155 hours, My bike used about 100mls of oil between changes. I think the 09 rings are better than the 08 models. Did a fair service on her before the trip across Australia. Need any more info, just sing out

Image

Image

Exhaust side, just a hint of wear
Image

Inlet side, a little bit of wear.
Image

Author:  MANAGER [ Wed 02 May, 2012 12:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Toy

Didn't have a flat tyre did it? Looks like Elton's bike.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 10 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/