View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu 14 Dec, 2017 11:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Howdy all 

Post Howdy all
Hello,

I found your site through youtube and thought I would sign up and say hello. I live on the south side of Brissy and have been riding motorbikes for quiet a while, but have just recently got into the dirt bike scene... Sold the ol Harley, needed another bike and settled on a 2012 DRZ400E and been enjoying it so far :-)

I have done a little bit of riding through the Logan pine forest near Camp Cable Rd but they seem to be developing that now and the boys in blue have been keeping tabs on that place more than ever... I guess it was just a matter of time, typically just as I start to get into dirt riding... Im not too sure of any other places around here down south so Im keen to hit the Glasshouse Mountains some time soon, looks great up there!

I look forward to meeting you all on a beginners ride some time soon and getting amongst the action! Keep up the good vids!

Philthy

Mon 03 Feb, 2014 1:59 am
Profile WWW
TRAIL YOBBO

Post Re: Howdy all
Welcome to the madhouse Philthy. I'm from Ipswich area so understand the pain to find riding spots. Beerburrum has a lot of choice and variety so I am sure you will love it. Keep an eye on the section "going for a ride" then "qld". People always post rides and invite others to join. They clarify if for a beginner or higher grades. I recently went on one above my grade, had a ball and they helped me through it
The trusty DRZ - atleast you can't really break them. It was my first bike and took a beating and never let me done, my 2 stroke now needs a lot more love but it does scare the geebees out of me.
Remember to ride it like you stole it

Mon 03 Feb, 2014 6:42 pm

Thanks for the info, i just subscribed to that page so upcomming rides will be sent to my inbox, cheers.

Yeah, the ol DRZ is a pretty good bike for a biginner like me! Being a mechanic I wasnt too concerned with reliability and engine rebuilds but stuck with something plain and simple so I had less to worry about as I get into this sport...

See you on the trail some time soon!

Philthy

Tue 04 Feb, 2014 2:21 am
Profile WWW
TRAIL BOSS

I had a drz 07 - also was a 9 yr gap between riding and was the best bike to get back into it.
sorta like a bulldozer with an electric start.
mine was pimped with flow pipe rejetted and beefed up suspension.
only problem is getting the bastard up from hills and banks when i fell off = weighed a ton.
3 yrs later I moved back to 2 strokes for power to weight.
beerburrum a great place to start!

Tue 04 Feb, 2014 9:44 pm

Thanks vikingrider. Im yet to throw my leg over a 2 stroke, after a bit more experience I'd like to try one and compare which one I prefere!

Thu 06 Feb, 2014 1:44 am
Profile WWW
TRAIL BOSS

2 strokes - couple of the newer models have electric start - not mine as yet but im considering an upgrade.
fuel injected 2 strokes are making a come back and i believe they will take back the prowess they had of quickest lightest off road machines,
Having said that last week i rode a end of line - last of the Husaberg 350,s
Very Very nice power to weight ratio.
overly pricy though but was easily on par with my pimped rm 300 for handling and very light for a 4 stroke. :headbang
Its gonna be interesting to see what husqy / ktm combo revamp of the husberg comes up with this year as they bought out husaberg and are re badging the husqy with its tech supposedly????
unlike the drz that has been the same bike more or less since 2004 = 10 yrs - yawn icon_scratch of same ol same ol.

Thu 06 Feb, 2014 7:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ] 
support our sponsors Servicing SEQLD
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.