View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue 12 Dec, 2017 4:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The new Berg '09 450 
TRAIL YOBBO

Post The new Berg '09 450
Well, finally I've pulled the finger out and sorted a couple of pics of the new bike. This one will ahve to last a while because I can't justify spending this much every year!!

Attachments:
File comment: The Powerparts Kit finally arrived, now I just hav to find time to ride it!!
Factory stickers.jpg
Factory stickers.jpg [ 85.02 KiB | Viewed 1166 times ]
File comment: After it's first ride at Beerburrum.
After ride.jpg
After ride.jpg [ 91.91 KiB | Viewed 1166 times ]
File comment: Just got it home from the dealer and still has all the ADR gear on it.
Brand new.jpg
Brand new.jpg [ 62.12 KiB | Viewed 1166 times ]
Tue 08 Dec, 2009 1:21 pm
Post Re: The new Berg '09 450
Very nice :wav Any chance of a ride report hello2

Tue 08 Dec, 2009 1:48 pm
TRAIL GURU

Stuff the ride report Squidly - I just want a ride

1300 308 441

Tue 08 Dec, 2009 2:35 pm
TRAIL YOBBO

I don't know about a ride report Squid as its only been to Beerburrum for a couple of hours and has spent most of its short life in the shed. Although if I could wear it out just by looking at it, it would aready be gone.

But this is what I've got so far.
Corners great - tipped it into corners and and had to pick it back up a few times because it's turned too sharp.
Motor is brilliant, the fuel injection is faultless and the induction howl sounds great. :P
Is very tall - My KTM had tall seat and all the other stuff so I could be comfortable being 6'2" and the Berg is just as tall in the seat and has a big ground clearance (claimed 360mm), so there's no problem hopping logs or rocks.
Has a see-thru fuel tank which is handy. It came with the low-fuel light but I have to attach that myself and after reading the instructions figured it was all too hard. Besides the instrutions said the light would come on with 3.5Ltrs left and the tank is only 8.5 Ltrs to start with. Hardly seemed worth the effort to go to all the wiring to be told the tank is now half full.
Suspension and controls are great - lots of KTM stuff so feels at home to me. I set the suspension to "sport" because I'm heavier than the light weights it was designed for but have now backed it off because it was quite hard - or maybe its because its not run in yet. Either way I probably won't need to send the suspension off to the shop yet as there is still plenty of adjustment to play with.

Things i'd change.
The fuel tank extends back under the seat because of where the air-box is and this is great but with the tank being see-thru, it happens to be where my boots grab the bike and they have scratched the crap out of it. I've put some grip-contact there now to try and stop it getting worse but it would've been good to know about it before the first ride!
Exhaust header is in a great place to burn your pants/boots, but a $180 carbon fibre guard has now fixed that. Beware of genuine header guards, they are over $300.

And that's about it. Great bike and I love it, from the one ride i've been on............ time will tell but I've not regretted my choice of new bike and will be happy with it for a long time yet (I'll have to be!!)

And for you Big Brad, yeah you can ride it........................in about a year when it's all scratched a worn out! icon_biggrin

Thu 10 Dec, 2009 1:12 pm
TRAIL GURU

Consider that offer taken Haggis

Have ridden Tintmans Fe and yes they are just fantastic.

The only thing I noticed was the lightish front end wanting to lift if just crawling up steep hills. the answer was simply more power and speed would keep it down and rocketing towards the top.

Have fun with it

Brad

1300 308 441

Thu 10 Dec, 2009 7:53 pm
TRAIL GURU

The bike looks great Steve. It'd be interesting to see your's amd dwb79's FE390 side by side.
Mark

Fri 11 Dec, 2009 6:34 am
Profile WWW
5' 4" Haggis Tossing Dwarf

read the reviews and the 390 is a sleeved down engine so same bike ! i love thwe look of them ! the reviews say a heavy planted front end but rider reviews(brand and dave) say light front end.. weird !

Fri 11 Dec, 2009 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 
support our sponsors Servicing Australia
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.