View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon 23 Oct, 2017 5:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 photo slideshows 
TRAIL LEGEND

Post photo slideshows
Donna Here:
OK.....you all seem to enjoy what I put together on Vimeo so after chatting after the ride last weekend it got me thinking. I really enjoy doing this stuff, the kids have finished school and I have some time on my hands to do some of the things I love to do. Is anyone interested in me putting together slideshows to music? I was thinking about $30 a disc with about 40 or so pics on it dontknow Too expensive??? dontknow I put all our own holidays and events on disc....makes it easy to show people. If we have a BBQ I leave it playing and people pass by and have a look when they want. At this time of year I normally put together a dvd of what went on this year to post to the rellies...easier than writing a letter. I love photography and love doing the editing....thats me....is there much interest in this sort of thing out there. dontknow Of course I can do video as well and can incorporate both a slide show and the vid footage into one format. This takes more time and is a little more involved...but doable. I can upload some examples if anyone is interested but it will be of my family but may give you an idea? Thoughs please?
Cheers

Wed 02 Dec, 2009 4:07 pm
Beerburrum Freak

Post Re: photo slideshows
i recon your onto a winner Donna ,i recon also need to hire yourself out for doing ride videos i recon to.Maye start with the Chrissy ride hello2

Wed 02 Dec, 2009 5:22 pm
TRAIL LEGEND

Donna Here:
Yer been thinking alot about it...a way to earn some extra $. The photo's are easier to do and quicker but still enjoy doing the vid footage.... just takes longer. What would people be prepared to pay for the disc dontknow Costs about 50cents for the disk and I'd have to go buy a disc printer (no idea how much they are) but when talking to Gav he reckons about $1 to cover ink and power on disc printer. Plus there is $1.10 postage for a disc...???amount for envelopes(minimal) All things to consider? What will I do about posting up.....just put up trailers :lol: dontknow If there was enough interest in this sort of thing I'd like to open a small business but not sure what costs would be etc. I'd like to do family holidays, babies, weddings, graduations...etc etc. Photo slide shows are great but not sure of interest?

Wed 02 Dec, 2009 5:39 pm
director I'm sure whatever you do will be excellent and well appreciated :wav

Cheers

Adam

Wed 02 Dec, 2009 5:41 pm
Post Whore
Post Whore

So I could just give you the footage and some cash then you could edit and upload hey........ Hold on what would i do sundays?????

seriouly I think its a great idea.

You do a good job as well.

Wed 02 Dec, 2009 5:48 pm
TRAIL LEGEND

Donna Here:
OK….Feed back please director ….not much interest in here…go get ya wives or something. :help: You are my market research so a little participation would be great. hello2
I have a short vid of a holiday we did. Has about 35 pics in it…..what would you pay for something like this? dontknow I have done a bit of scooting round on the net but personally I wouldn’t pay anyone the prices they are asking. This vid probably took me about an hour and three quarters from loading pics to burning the disc. And yes sorry it’s a family holiday of ours, boring as, but if you can sit through it …let me know what you think....quality is low for fast upload thats why its a bit jumpy…oh and Simon…I will delete it off you’re a/c in a few days.
Thanks for ya help guys. love4
Paul doing what he loves best...eating!

Last edited by Paul450X on Mon 07 Dec, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu 03 Dec, 2009 5:45 pm
That is awesome Donna. If it takes 1 & 3/4 hours to do that you need to be paid accordingly to cover all of your costs (inc wages). Not much help sorry but I would pay to have that done hello2

Thu 03 Dec, 2009 6:16 pm
Post Whore
Post Whore

$30 I would say. I will show the wife and get her input. Gotta say you have some great girls But it seems that Paul has gone "A bit Grey" in two years!!!

The only thing I would say is can you mix up the transitions at all? The flipping photo album looks good but a mixture would be good as well.

I might get you to do one of all the photos we have of our house soon.

Its up for sale and I need something to remember it by.

Oh and dont forget about multiple copies!!! think about the branches of family. one for each set of grandparents.

30 for the fist and 5 or ten there after?

Thu 03 Dec, 2009 6:54 pm
TRAIL LEGEND

Thanks Adam,
And Thanks Simon…that is great input!!!
And yes I can mix up the transitions…have a hundred or so of them! I can also put photo on photo….2 image timelines….can get some interesting stuff.
I was thinking about the same for costs too….everything on the net starts at $50….gets too expensive I reckon. I’m happy for people to make their own copies if they want to share them round but they may not have the ability…so your prices seem pretty on the mark at $5 for an extra one as the disc will be printed.

I was thinking it will cost me about $5 to do each one….rough guess.
It would include 2 copies…ie 2 dvd’s (you just need a computer or a dvd player that plays burnt dvd’s…most do these days…pretty much a given)
You number the photo’s in the order you want me to put them up.
You choose the title
You choose the music
You choose any comments you want put in and what pic number you want the comment on/before or after.
You choose a favourite pic to print onto the disc
I put it all together and post it out to you.

Good as a gift for the family, Mrs, do one of the kids…..My kids put them together as a thankyou to the teachers they like here is an example below. I like the fade to black transition as rule of thumb…I did one of a trip to the zoo for the youngest where I put in a heap of different transitions…..I might post that up later to give an idea of transitions. I send them to the relies I don’t see all year and keep them up to date. People use them for wedding anniversaries, graduation, birthdays and other parties, holidays etc.

I’d be happy to have a go at doing something for you Simon..

Last edited by Paul450X on Mon 07 Dec, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu 03 Dec, 2009 7:14 pm
Pro Dude
Pro Dude

THATS A GOOD DEMO THE PHOTO ALBUM 1 DONNA ...

looks like a great happy familly your girls look stunning

funny when i was a kid all the girls looked like Freaky :lol:

Thu 03 Dec, 2009 7:52 pm
5' 4" Haggis Tossing Dwarf

i love watching these vids of yours....

simons comment on pauls hair is harsh.... at least he still has some hair and not a balding fluffy fanta pants ! icon_biggrin

good work donna, you gotta price it according to what you put into it.... but also make the price attractive too ! (devils advocate jumping in there !) 8-) a good balance of both and your onto a winner !

Thu 03 Dec, 2009 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Post Whore
Post Whore

rab wrote:
i love watching these vids of yours....

simons comment on pauls hair is harsh.... at least he still has some hair and not a balding fluffy fanta pants ! icon_biggrin

good work donna, you gotta price it according to what you put into it.... but also make the price attractive too ! (devils advocate jumping in therescott more like !) 8-) a good balance of both and your onto a winner !

Thu 03 Dec, 2009 8:09 pm
5' 4" Haggis Tossing Dwarf

damn, found out ! :lol:

Thu 03 Dec, 2009 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
TRAIL BOSS

Sounds like a great idea Donna hello2

Could you just use something like the labels below to start off with before outlaying money on a disk printer (depending how much they are)?

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Office-Supplies/Paper-Labels-and-Envelopes/Labels/Inkjet-Printer-Labels/Filing-and-Media-Inkjet-Labels/AUMATTE100

Fri 04 Dec, 2009 10:19 am
TRAIL LEGEND

ari.g wrote:
Sounds like a great idea Donna hello2

Could you just use something like the labels below to start off with before outlaying money on a disk printer (depending how much they are)?

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Office-Supplies/Paper-Labels-and-Envelopes/Labels/Inkjet-Printer-Labels/Filing-and-Media-Inkjet-Labels/AUMATTE100

Thanks for the idea ari-g...I've never seen them before.

Fri 04 Dec, 2009 7:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
support our sponsors Servicing Australia
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.