View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue 24 Oct, 2017 9:32 pm



Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 First day out on my new Freeride 
Author Message
TRAIL GURU

Joined: Sat 03 Sep, 2011 8:19 pm
Posts: 609
Location: Western Suburbs
Post First day out on my new Freeride
This bike it not a enduro, not a mx but a very very good trail bike.
Still a bit tall for me, the seat is very shinny and hard but I don't sit down much so that wasn't a problem. The gear lever and foot brake are tucked in close to the frame but easy to get use to.
Took of from the car park and noticed the difference straight away it's the bike for me. Goes were you want it to easy to ride up and down the hills, I love it. Do feel a bit of heat on your left leg as the fan for the radiator is there. Power is good heaps of torque down the lower end of the scale it would be very difficult to stall. Suspension is up to the job and very configurable. I do need to get some bar raisers.
Range approx 50klms to 3 litres of fuel. Was riding on fire trail and 4wd tracks.
Ground clearance is good, getting over logs was relatively painless, the trials tyres helped with this.
It's very lite and maneuverable.
My husband reckons they'll be the the best selling bike in 2013 if they can supply them.
Next ride will be single track. I really enjoyed riding the freeride I love it, very happy with my purchase.


Sat 22 Sep, 2012 3:59 pm
Profile
TRAIL HACK
User avatar

Joined: Fri 26 Mar, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 182
Location: Bris Northern Suburbs
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
sounds like the perfect learner / girls bike too....its gotta be reassuring to have spent your hard earned and then ride the bike and instantly feel comfortable and confident on the thing. :wav


Sat 22 Sep, 2012 4:06 pm
Profile
TRAIL LEGEND
User avatar

Joined: Tue 28 Sep, 2010 4:51 pm
Posts: 1124
Location: The 'other' Bronx
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
Hope all the bolts were put in correctly. Good to hear your back out!

_________________
08 Yamaha WR250
06 Suzuki GSXR -too cool
98 Yamaha TTR250 -too old
10 Kawasaki Ninja 250R -too green


Sat 22 Sep, 2012 4:19 pm
Profile
TRAIL PORN STAR
User avatar

Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 12:27 pm
Posts: 3351
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
Let the air out of the tyre to about 8 pounds,you will get closer to the ground and it will grip more,thats if you havent done that yet


Sat 22 Sep, 2012 5:05 pm
Profile
TRAIL GURU

Joined: Sat 03 Sep, 2011 8:19 pm
Posts: 609
Location: Western Suburbs
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
wingnut wrote:
Let the air out of the tyre to about 8 pounds,you will get closer to the ground and it will grip more,thats if you havent done that yet



Thanks for that wingnut,
First time I've riding with trial tyres just left the pressure at what they came at.


Sat 22 Sep, 2012 5:34 pm
Profile
TRA Forum Fixer
User avatar

Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 10:20 pm
Posts: 1610
Location: Warner - NW Brisbane
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
Someone needs to make a long range tank for that thing!

_________________
Wes - www.offroadvw.net -bikes
http://www.taylorcycles.com.au My DH MTB racing bro's shop.


Sun 23 Sep, 2012 7:02 am
Profile WWW
Beerburrum Freak
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09 Jul, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 6435
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
Great to hear your feeling comfortable straight up on the bike Leanne,
sounds like you are going to get some riding in :wav

_________________
03 KDX200 OHHH YERRR 2014 KTM 500 S##T YERR
That's Mr Cranky Pants to you
Poke me i dare you.


Sun 23 Sep, 2012 8:48 am
Profile
TRAIL LEGEND
User avatar

Joined: Tue 03 Nov, 2009 5:20 pm
Posts: 1160
Location: Noosa
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
piccys?????

_________________
current - new(2010)wr250f :D
gone :( - (09) TTR250
2 decades ago - (83)RM80

PSN username - chooc


Sun 23 Sep, 2012 8:37 pm
Profile
TRAIL NEWB

Joined: Sun 10 Apr, 2011 9:46 am
Posts: 17
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
I got a free ride a couple of months ago and I'm very impressed so easy to ride and climbs hills like a mountain goat ❇✴⭐and now ktm has just released the freeride 250r 2 stroke. Looks like a good thing and only weighs 93kg


Wed 04 Sep, 2013 7:38 am
Profile
TRAIL LEGEND

Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 9:12 pm
Posts: 1330
Location: The part of warner i thought was good till i got robbed
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
Hi Leanne

FYI.

The sx 85 and the free ride Share the the same front brake set up

My sons bike has had a lot of problems with brake fade
Ie. having to pump up the lever a few times to get brake feel
I hope you don't have this problem ! But it is something that Ktm are aware of ,
And just thought I would share with you as I have done a lot of research / discussion. With Ktm
We even imported some steel pistons from the uk.
And Ktm are testing them .

I hope you enjoy your ride.

They look great icon_thumright


Wed 04 Sep, 2013 8:49 pm
Profile
TRAIL GURU

Joined: Sat 03 Sep, 2011 8:19 pm
Posts: 609
Location: Western Suburbs
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
bestbuddy wrote:
Hi Leanne

FYI.

The sx 85 and the free ride Share the the same front brake set up

My sons bike has had a lot of problems with brake fade
Ie. having to pump up the lever a few times to get brake feel
I hope you don't have this problem ! But it is something that Ktm are aware of ,
And just thought I would share with you as I have done a lot of research / discussion. With Ktm
We even imported some steel pistons from the uk.
And Ktm are testing them .

I hope you enjoy your ride.

They look great icon_thumright


I haven't had any problem with the front brakes yet bestbuddy.
But your son probably rides a lot faster then I do. :D

I do enjoy riding the freeride just cruise around having a look at the scenery.
I was quite surprised that my son enjoyed riding it and it went fast enough for him. :D

Hope Ktm can fix the problem b/b


Wed 04 Sep, 2013 10:28 pm
Profile
TRAIL GURU
User avatar

Joined: Sun 03 Jul, 2011 12:23 pm
Posts: 428
Location: caboolture, QLD
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
It's good to see you like it. I thought long and hard about buying a free ride but finally came to the conclusion that I would be too big for it and while it would be fun to start with, the novelty would wear off.

_________________
. . . SAFF . . .
Rest In Peace WILLIAM


Thu 05 Sep, 2013 6:25 am
Profile
Beerburrum Freak
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09 Jul, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 6435
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
Turn Captions on icon_thumright


_________________
03 KDX200 OHHH YERRR 2014 KTM 500 S##T YERR
That's Mr Cranky Pants to you
Poke me i dare you.


Thu 05 Sep, 2013 7:36 am
Profile
TRAIL GURU

Joined: Sat 03 Sep, 2011 8:19 pm
Posts: 609
Location: Western Suburbs
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
SAFF wrote:
It's good to see you like it. I thought long and hard about buying a free ride but finally came to the conclusion that I would be too big for it and while it would be fun to start with, the novelty would wear off.



It's a big decision to make but has worked out well for me. I'm not a good rider and have been limited to what sort of riding and distance I can do since the back surgery.
When I ride with the girls not from this site there ahead of me on the open stuff but when it comes to riding in single track I'm waiting on them. (they get stuck in and on stuff bikes to heavy) I do feel I'm cheating when riding the freeride I have more control over it.

What do you think of your new bike have you taken it out yet?

I never mastered rutted hill climbs with the TE250 when I had it.

Enjoy your new bike SAFF


Thu 05 Sep, 2013 7:39 am
Profile
TRAIL GURU
User avatar

Joined: Sun 03 Jul, 2011 12:23 pm
Posts: 428
Location: caboolture, QLD
Post Re: First day out on my new Freeride
Flower Power wrote:
SAFF wrote:
It's good to see you like it. I thought long and hard about buying a free ride but finally came to the conclusion that I would be too big for it and while it would be fun to start with, the novelty would wear off.



It's a big decision to make but has worked out well for me. I'm not a good rider and have been limited to what sort of riding and distance I can do since the back surgery.
When I ride with the girls not from this site there ahead of me on the open stuff but when it comes to riding in single track I'm waiting on them. (they get stuck in and on stuff bikes to heavy) I do feel I'm cheating when riding the freeride I have more control over it.

What do you think of your new bike have you taken it out yet?

I never mastered rutted hill climbs with the TE250 when I had it.

Enjoy your new bike SAFF


Yeah I took it out on Saturday and I LOVE IT! Should have bought one sooner. Perhaps one day the husky and the freeride will meet...

_________________
. . . SAFF . . .
Rest In Peace WILLIAM


Thu 05 Sep, 2013 4:41 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
support our sponsors Servicing SEQLD
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.