View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue 19 Jun, 2018 6:28 pm



Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 2007 450x repairs help 
Author Message
TRAIL PORN STAR
User avatar

Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 12:27 pm
Posts: 3352
Post Re: 2007 450x repairs help
I ripped a big gash in my expansion chamber with frozen water trick,be carefull.Probably try thr air and heat method


Tue 04 May, 2010 11:01 pm
Profile
TRA Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sat 18 Jul, 2009 11:25 pm
Posts: 346
Location: Australia
Post Re: 2007 450x repairs help
pm sent for bloke to fix ya pipe.

the one on ya bike dopey :lol:

_________________
http://www.terraoffroad.com
http://www.getonitsports.com.au


Wed 05 May, 2010 1:54 am
Profile WWW
TRAIL LEGEND
User avatar

Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:31 pm
Posts: 1257
Post Re: 2007 450x repairs help
Donna here:
Hi Cracka, we are both in Gladstone at the moment. Not sure when Paul will be home....5-6 weeks....you'll probably have it sorted by then.
As for the header pipe....Paul bent his and I loved the way it mellowed out the bottom end....so I asked him to put it on my bike, it does take the aggression out of the bottom end...Paul likes that kick off the bottom...I don't. Manager has tried blowing out the expansion chamber on one of his bikes and said it was a waste of time. Freak is a metal man....he may be able to heat it and knock it out?? Will be a difficult job. Des Roberts at Brendale for a complete top end rebuild...piston, rings, valves, seats....ride in ride out will set you back about $900. Both of ours have been done there.. no complaints. Paul replaced the piston on his....didn't do it on mine. The head set bearings will well and truely need doing by now....if they aren't collapsed? I'll show Paul this thread when he gets home tonight. He's so tired he is flat out getting dinner in before he falls asleep :lol:
Have fun with it. They are a pretty good bike but you have to like working on them when they get this old. BangHead
cheers

_________________
Paul CR 500 AF-X and Donna 2007 450X + OTHERS
Turning Dollars into Dust


Wed 05 May, 2010 6:18 am
Profile
Post Whore
Post Whore

Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:18 pm
Posts: 6555
Location: Samford Brisbane
Post Re: 2007 450x repairs help
Barry can also do the work Cracka and should be cheaper.

_________________
Currently on the Bench @#$^@# But Normally an 09 WRF 450.
BMW F650 Dakar


Wed 05 May, 2010 7:14 am
Profile
TRA Tragic
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09 Jul, 2009 2:33 pm
Posts: 1109
Location: Jimboomba
Post Re: 2007 450x repairs help
Paul450X wrote:
Donna here:
Hi Cracka, we are both in Gladstone at the moment. Not sure when Paul will be home....5-6 weeks....you'll probably have it sorted by then.
As for the header pipe....Paul bent his and I loved the way it mellowed out the bottom end....so I asked him to put it on my bike, it does take the aggression out of the bottom end...Paul likes that kick off the bottom...I don't. Manager has tried blowing out the expansion chamber on one of his bikes and said it was a waste of time. Freak is a metal man....he may be able to heat it and knock it out?? Will be a difficult job. Des Roberts at Brendale for a complete top end rebuild...piston, rings, valves, seats....ride in ride out will set you back about $900. Both of ours have been done there.. no complaints. Paul replaced the piston on his....didn't do it on mine. The head set bearings will well and truely need doing by now....if they aren't collapsed? I'll show Paul this thread when he gets home tonight. He's so tired he is flat out getting dinner in before he falls asleep :lol:
Have fun with it. They are a pretty good bike but you have to like working on them when they get this old. BangHead
cheers

Thanks Donna. Me and Dale are going to rip it down Saturday and assess the damage bill.
The previous owner should have been banned from owning bikes. Has no idea, it is a wreck but fixable.

Has a brand new chain and sprockets as advertised and I'm looking at it thinking - yep they look pretty new, so why the hell is it at the full extent of the adjusters. Like I said, dead set fool BangHead

_________________
Bikeless and lacking Kahunas


Wed 05 May, 2010 4:41 pm
Profile WWW
TRAIL LEGEND
User avatar

Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:31 pm
Posts: 1257
Post Re: 2007 450x repairs help
Donna Here:
Good one....best take a look inside!
They are great bikes but you have to be pretty up with with the maintance. Paul has no back brakes??? Replaced the whole pin thingy in the cylinder at the front of the back brake line but still spongey....he is left scratching his head. The rubber groms didn't look to have too much wear but replaced anyway and still not much back brake? Its expensive chasing these little issues. BangHead

_________________
Paul CR 500 AF-X and Donna 2007 450X + OTHERS
Turning Dollars into Dust


Wed 05 May, 2010 6:38 pm
Profile
TRAIL GURU

Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:17 am
Posts: 836
Location: Sunshine Coast
Post Re: 2007 450x repairs help
Mines new and its got shit rear brakes, come to think of it front is too !
And clutch, why dont the nippons do hydraulic, fark there good when youve had one.
But really, love the bike, just cant get the best of everything in the one bike I guess...

_________________
CRF 250 X and EXC 350


Wed 05 May, 2010 6:45 pm
Profile
TRAIL GURU
User avatar

Joined: Mon 14 Dec, 2009 5:21 pm
Posts: 713
Post Re: 2007 450x repairs help
donna i know its prob a stupid question but has paul tried reverse bleeding his rear brake? Get a syringe and push brake fluid in from the calliper side. Sometime its the only way you can get air out and the full pedal back...

_________________
"Did you come here to ride....or did they just employ you, as an obstacle!?!"


Wed 05 May, 2010 7:04 pm
Profile
TRAIL LEGEND
User avatar

Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:31 pm
Posts: 1257
Post Re: 2007 450x repairs help
Donna Here:
Michael, the brakes on my bike are great...slightly less hours than Pauls but they have been better than Pauls since day dot. Pauls have been average from the start and slowly got worse.
A hydralic clutch has been on the wish list for Paul since he owned a KTM too. They are very nice. My last bike was an XR so I tell him to harden up princess :lol:
Luke, thanks for the tip, I'll let him know....we have bled them and bled them with only average results. The pedal was going to the ground so the master cylinder had to be done...it improved it slightly, but still not good brakes.
cheers

_________________
Paul CR 500 AF-X and Donna 2007 450X + OTHERS
Turning Dollars into Dust


Wed 05 May, 2010 7:14 pm
Profile
Beerburrum Freak
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09 Jul, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 6436
Post Re: 2007 450x repairs help
Next time i see you guys i will give you a new big syringe for doing all that stuff,brakes and clutches that is ;)

_________________
03 KDX200 OHHH YERRR 2014 KTM 500 S##T YERR
That's Mr Cranky Pants to you
Poke me i dare you.


Wed 05 May, 2010 7:25 pm
Profile
Post Re: 2007 450x repairs help
michaelf wrote:
Mines new and its got shit rear brakes, come to think of it front is too !
And clutch, why dont the nippons do hydraulic, fark there good when youve had one.
But really, love the bike, just cant get the best of everything in the one bike I guess...


HARDEN UP PRINCESS! :lol: bootyshake


another way to back bleed your brakes is to push the piston fullt into the caliper! this can be done while on the bike squat beside the front wheel hold it firm with both hands and press your knee onto the caliper and push it as far as it will go! (note your slides must be free to do this !)


Wed 05 May, 2010 7:27 pm
TRAIL PORN STAR
User avatar

Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 12:27 pm
Posts: 3352
Post Re: 2007 450x repairs help
Donna have you tried the zip tie the front brake to the handle bar trick,it might fix it


Wed 05 May, 2010 7:31 pm
Profile
TRAIL GURU

Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:17 am
Posts: 836
Location: Sunshine Coast
Post Re: 2007 450x repairs help
ditchwitch wrote:
michaelf wrote:
Mines new and its got shit rear brakes, come to think of it front is too !
And clutch, why dont the nippons do hydraulic, fark there good when youve had one.
But really, love the bike, just cant get the best of everything in the one bike I guess...


HARDEN UP PRINCESS! :lol: bootyshake


another way to back bleed your brakes is to push the piston fullt into the caliper! this can be done while on the bike squat beside the front wheel hold it firm with both hands and press your knee onto the caliper and push it as far as it will go! (note your slides must be free to do this !)

Harden up princess EH.
Might be looking forward to this MTB ride then :lol:

_________________
CRF 250 X and EXC 350


Wed 05 May, 2010 8:26 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
support our sponsors Servicing Australia
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.