View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue 12 Dec, 2017 2:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 stolen bike 
TRA Forum Fixer

Post Re: stolen bike
It was on the channel 7 news. The kid is seriously sick, he spends 12 hours a day on a dialysis machine. http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews ... 6291766953

If the donations are co-ordinated through make a wish, I think we could still get someone like Pro Griffin involved to sell the bike cheap to the make-a-wish foundation once the money target has been reached.

Someone definitely needs to do something about the bikes security too. It was in a little garden shed out the back of the house. Maybe a ground anchor or something.

Wed 07 Mar, 2012 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Count me in icon_thumright

Cheers

Thu 08 Mar, 2012 5:50 am
Update- pete from tra rang me last night and he is ringing the make a wish today.So when he gets off the phone he will ring me and hopefully my email is read as well.

Does anybody work at bunning's or the like.The idea of a small shed is a good idea.
Hori,maybe you could concrete some footing's in this shed eh.
steve.

And lee all raffle monies will be donated to this poor kid.

Thu 08 Mar, 2012 5:59 am
TRAIL HACK

Count me in too....and Karma to the so n so's who stole it.....I posted the story on fbook...you never know who might have some info.

Thu 08 Mar, 2012 6:59 am
TRA Forum Fixer

Steve, it was already in a little garden shed. But the shed just had a small padlock or something on the door, so they got in pretty easily.

Thu 08 Mar, 2012 7:55 am
Profile WWW
pneumatic wrote:
Steve, it was already in a little garden shed. But the shed just had a small padlock or something on the door, so they got in pretty easily.

Ok then,we need a decent security setup in this shed.Ideas please.

steve

Thu 08 Mar, 2012 8:10 am

We'd be more than happy to donate for this one. My parents place got done over about 18 months ago.

As for security i'm sure there's a number out there that know more than me but i fitted a Swann camera, sensor and hard drive system to the old's place a day after the break in. It works well, so well in fact we got a good image of the shits and their car when they came back. After reading this i had a look and Swann make a sensor alarm that's battery powered for shed applications. For $25 it might be worth a look.

Here
http://www.swann.com/s/products/view/?product=1091#spec

Chris - WR450F

Thu 08 Mar, 2012 8:30 am
TRAIL GURU

Insurance is the first step for security imo. If there's enough cash just pay for 12 months - maybe ~$200?

Then get a big chain and install some sort of floor anchor to the existing sheds floor.

Thu 08 Mar, 2012 8:45 am

HEy there,

Found my TRA Password (long time no type, i know). Just a quick note to let everyone know that i've spoken with Steve and we'll work together to coordinate the combined efforts of the tra and TRA donators / supporters.
About to jump on the phone now to Make A Wish Foundation. Will be back in touch once i've got some details from them on how we best manage all the donations and offers of support that have already come flooding in.

If you or anyone is buying a TTR 125 in the near future, maybe DISCRETELY ring crime stoppers whilst you're there looking at the bike and ask them if they have the frame and engine # from this stolen bike, so you can check to make sure you're not buying it. If you're convinced it is that bike, tell the seller you're still undecided and that you'll get back to them. Leave their presence and call the cops with the scumbags details. DON'T TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS. YOU'LL ONLY UNRAVEL THE GOOD WILL AND ATTENTION WE HAVE GENERATED HERE IN THE LAST 24HRS.

I have also sent this email(see below) to Just Bikes, ebay Aus, Trading Post and Bike Sales, for what it's worth. Will see what, if anything they're able to do to help:

All in all, an awesome show of support from our dirtbiking communities guys. :headbang

Cheers,

Pete...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I'm wondering if XXXXXXXXXX is willing and able to assist in any way to prevent the sale of and or aid the capture of thieves who stole a motorcycle from a teenager suffering from a debilitating illness (See link attached)

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012...-gravatt-east/

I have no attachment to this teen or his family. I simply picked this story up from my facebook feed. As a motorcyclist and father of 2 boys, i understood the joy that this teen must have felt being given and able to ride a bike. His disappointment at loosing it on top of the illness he is battling, must be terrible. I posted the Qld Police Link on my facebook page and a dirtbike forum i subscribe to, in an effort to solicit support to find the bike and have it returned to the young guy.
Since then, it has been shared amongst another 4 or 5 motorcycle forums around the country representing in excess of 40,000 people. This has resulted in a massive wave of support including pledges of potentially enough money to buy the guy a replacement motorcycle.
While this is comforting and a great show of the collective motorcycling community support, as bike owners, ultimately, we would like the thieves caught and brought to justice.
To that end, i'm appealing for your support to prevent the sale of this bike through your auction site.
I don't have any details of the bike (frame and engine number) beyond the fact that it is a 2009 Yamaha TTR 125. I'm sure the Qld Police would be able to provide more detail if it were available. I guess it's possible that they in fact make these same requests of sites like yours and others, in an effort to catch thieves? If that's the case, then i apologize if i have wasted your time?

I'm sure the guy and his family would be appreciative of any help you are able to offer.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to confirm the validity of this request.
Please don't misinterpret my motives for contacting XXXXXXXXXX nor that i have singled XXXXXXXXXX out, in this matter. I intend to make the very same request of your competitor vehicle sales business.
Thank you for your time and i sincerely hope you are able to assist in ensuring that justice prevails here.

Regards,
Peter >>>>>>

Thu 08 Mar, 2012 8:48 am
Rubbersidedown wrote:
We'd be more than happy to donate for this one. My parents place got done over about 18 months ago.

As for security i'm sure there's a number out there that know more than me but i fitted a Swann camera, sensor and hard drive system to the old's place a day after the break in. It works well, so well in fact we got a good image of the shits and their car when they came back. After reading this i had a look and Swann make a sensor alarm that's battery powered for shed applications. For $25 it might be worth a look.

Here
http://www.swann.com/s/products/view/?product=1091#spec

Thanks will look into to this.

steve

Thu 08 Mar, 2012 9:44 am
TRA Forum Fixer

He was on the channel 7 news again, it looks like a bike shop is giving him a bike (although it looked like a pit bike) and lots of people have offered him other stuff.

Video here;
http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national ... im/885636/

Thu 08 Mar, 2012 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
TRAIL GURU

Posted by 300 Pete on tra about 15 minutes ago: He's having a bit of difficulty in getting into TRA.
UPDATE:
As per the link in Pneumatic's post, it looks as though other good samaritans have come to this young fella's aid and he's not going to go without a bike. Which is great news. Same shared over at TRA and i've PM'ed Steve from over there about what's best from here. They'd still like to do something and are going to have a think about what, but it wont be to the grand scale of what we were all going to collectively do, now that a bike and other goodies has been donated.

I've been emailing the people at Make A Wish Foundation re all this and they have shared the following, which they're happy for me to post here and over at TRA:

"Mark?s mum Michelle called me a little while ago and yes it sounds like Mark will be presented with a replacement bike tomorrow, which is great news.

Michelle was so touched by all the support so please pass this on to those involved in the forum.

She mentioned that she was going to advise the many generous people who contacted her to donate to Make-A-Wish Australia or Ronald McDonald House Mater.

She said the bike provided her and Mark the promise of many joyful memories and gave Mark hope and an escape from his constant medical struggles, so it was awful that someone would take this away. But as mentioned she has been moved by the support of the community.

For those who want to donate to help us grant the wishes of other children just like Mark, they can visit our website www.makeawish.org.au or call our toll free number 1800 032 260.

Thanks you again for your kindness - it is very much appreciated".

So, to everyone who answered this call for support and made generous offers of $$$'s and or support, "Thank You". It was really pleasing to me to see such a quick and positive response to help out a fellow rider who was clearly in need

Even though it looks as though we wont be going ahead with a plan to collectively buy Mark a new bike, it has certainly raised our awareness of kids in need and just how much the good work the Make A Wish Foundation people do, means to these poor suffering kids.

So, i say "hats of to them" and encourage everyone who was prepared to donate, to still do so and in turn grant some wishes for other kids like Mark

It's good karma that might just come back to help you when in need out on the trails someday

Cheers,
Pete?

P.S: The Make A Wish people asked me to share a link to this post, so they can follow how it's received and where it might lead to.
SO BEHAVE
Mark

Fri 09 Mar, 2012 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Update :marks mum rang today we had a good chat.the bike mark is getting he is rapped with.chad reed has signed some new riding gear for him.
Our club is doating all proceeds from raffles so he can get what he wants for the bike.big thanks to all for offers of support.
shed has got security now.

Once again thanks for all the offers.his mum tells me he has all he needs but thanks us as a bikeriding community.

Cheers steve

Thu 15 Mar, 2012 11:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
support our sponsors Servicing Australia
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.