View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun 22 Oct, 2017 12:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Dear Dr - Beyond Mango 
TRAIL LEGEND

Post Dear Dr - Beyond Mango
Once you arrive at Mango Hill where does the track head to after that? Off to Woodford way? Im struggling to recall, want to add a couple km to my loop for Sat. Does the track off to the right lead back down to that untidy hill that brings you back to the road near the houses, through the fence? Thanks.

Tue 29 Oct, 2013 9:39 pm
TRAIL BOSS

Post Re: Dear Dr - Beyond Mango
Hi Pete

not sure which way you are thinking but the best way to have a look at the overview is to go onto google earth. mango trees 26°59'48.83"S 152°50'52.00"E

we cross the bitumen rd into mango hill at

26°58'45.01"S
152°50'40.85"E

if you want a bit extra of easier tracks then when you get to the fence were you usually go right and then down to mango trees, instead of going right follow the dirt road up and around to the right then just around and down 100 metres the rest area on your right is the top of the track with the jumps all the way down.

top of the track is at
26°59'16.20"S
152°51'17.79"E

at the end of the jumps at the cross tracks go straight through and the track follows (800 mtres ) to a T intersection so turn right go to the end (800 metres) turn right, go 550 metres turn right and it twists back up to the track that you came down the hill on (about 900 metres). a nice loop...

when you get back to this track take the second left (about 50mtres) as it heads back under the power lines and up to the main track that the mango trees are on, turn right and tree will be just in front of you.

standing with ur back to the mango trees 26°59'48.83"S 152°50'52.00"E the track to the left goes down to the intersection which leads to the dip with the log jump, to your right the right fork is back up to the power lines and the left fork is the loop track past the base of tree root hill and to the other end of mango tree area.

if you go left (back against the trees) the track goes down to the first big intersection so if you turn right then the first right the track takes you back up to the top of the hill at the trees.

Wed 30 Oct, 2013 12:42 am
Profile WWW
TRAIL LEGEND

Thanks Allan!!

Wed 30 Oct, 2013 8:22 am
TRAIL BOSS

no problem.

I'm riding there on Friday if you want to come along.

I went for a quick ride today and it is great on most of the tracks. Nothing like riding single virgin tracks after the rain before other people root them up!!! :bs

I found I couple of tracks that I hadn't been on before in that area that would suit your Saturday ride.

I text you so let me know.

Wed 30 Oct, 2013 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ] 
support our sponsors Servicing SEQLD
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.