View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri 20 Oct, 2017 10:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Steering damper 
TRAIL HACK

Post Re: Steering damper
got to get one of these, will order mine this wend! I actually thought they fixed in the 2012 model. maybe not...

Sat 14 Jul, 2012 12:09 pm
TRAIL LEGEND

Thanks all - bike goes up to Dave tomorrow night to get the suspension sorted, hope its as plush as the Kato I rode on the weekend when i get it back.:) Was going to get it lowered but will avoid doing that and just put up with the odd low speed tumble when I cant touch the ground and am stuck somewhere. Will assess the bank balance when it gets back re the dampner.

Wed 18 Jul, 2012 6:10 pm
TRAIL HACK

Have ordered mine Can't wait to get it hopefully by the weekend then try to install it. BangHead BangHead

Wed 18 Jul, 2012 8:33 pm
TRAIL HACK

Anyone know of the best website to buy the motion pro throttle cable from?

Wed 18 Jul, 2012 9:38 pm
TRA Sponsor

craecrf wrote:
Anyone know of the best website to buy the motion pro throttle cable from?

Try to pull the throttle cable out of the housing on your 2012 Ktm. I think you'll find you cant. They have fixed the issue on the 12's.

If you still want to order the specially made Ktm replacement throttle cable, you'll need to get it OS, as the Aussie importer has never stocked them.

You could however buy a cable to suit a Honda CR and it should screw straight in, I think... If we can sort out which cable is best, I'll stock them and offer them real cheap to all TRA memebers.

So who wants to do the leg work and pull their cable off? We need overall length and a couple of photos of each end and a photo where the cable enters the throttle housing.

Thu 19 Jul, 2012 8:06 am
TRA Sponsor

Frank400 wrote:

You might also want to get one of these to stop your accelerator cable catching on it. Suspensionmatters (Dave) on here sells them.
Attachment:
4.JPG

Hey Frank,

You might want to rotate your forks so that the bleeders are straight ahead, or in the 12 o'clock position. They look very vunerable hanging out the side there. Plus when they are straight ahead, they are less likely to spew oil out when you bleed them.

Thu 19 Jul, 2012 8:09 am
TRAIL YOBBO

suspensionmatters wrote:
You could however buy a cable to suit a Honda CR and it should screw straight in, I think... If we can sort out which cable is best, I'll stock them and offer them real cheap to all TRA memebers.

So who wants to do the leg work and pull their cable off? We need overall length and a couple of photos of each end and a photo where the cable enters the throttle housing.

I replaced mine with the longer cable produced my Motion Pro (the one without the threaded ends), and tie-wired them as before, thinking at some time I'd get the "proper" one. Anyway, this post prompted me to have a look for those Honda cables again. So - courtesy of Thumpertalk...(ps - I also agree with the comment regarding the quality of the Motion Pro cable)

Quote:
You can buy an OEM Honda CR250R cable as well ... Excellent quality (made in Japan) and various lengths to choose from.

I bought the Motion Pro cable and had fitment issues as well. Its now sitting in my garage unused.

There are 3 different lengths you can choose from based on year of bike.

1993-96 CR250R cable = 2.8" longer than stock KTM Honda P/N 17910-MAC-670
1997-99 CR250R cable = 4.3" longer than stock KTM Honda P/N 17910-KZ3-B00
2000 CR250R cable = 4.9" longer than stock KTM Honda P/N 17910-KZ3-J20

Agree with the above statement that Motion Pro is "usually"good stuff .. their cables not so much. My opinion is buy the Honda OEM one.

I just bought the 2000 model cable ($27), and it looks the goods. It does NOT have a screw fitting on the carby end. Interestingly, I think the KTM original cable is better quality than the Honda item - the cable inner is thinner and more flexible and seems to have less friction than the Honda...

Thu 19 Jul, 2012 3:28 pm
TRAIL HACK

Hi I have some questions for any one that can help.

I fitted a steering damper and put a mark on the main nut that tensions the steering to try to get it back in the same spot. When I put it back together I have done the nut up tight and it still doesn't quite meet my old mark and the nut is pretty tight, but steering feels ok does this sound right?

The tower pin also sits about 3mm from the back side of the link arm, it says centre is best but i tryed to adjust it and not sure i can or is it good enough?

Also the handle bar mounts are kind of off centre can you turn these around to bring the bars back a little?

Fri 20 Jul, 2012 8:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
support our sponsors Servicing Australia
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.