View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu 14 Dec, 2017 2:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Why dont you like to share your tacks with new riders? 
TRAIL HACK

Post Re: Why dont you like to share your tacks with new riders?
I must admit ever been on one of those trail rides with 400 bikes. The few that go first get the worst of the rocks and rubble. By the time you do the 2nd loop all the rocks and sticks are clear. The corners start to berm up nicely and its great.
The things in my opinion that wreck tracks are.

1. Under use and lantana takes hold. Nothing is worse the plodding through lantana infested track that you used to scream through 6 months ago.

2. Erosion caused by rain.

3. Ruts caused by 4wd's doing mad hills and crazy recovery shite.

I have honestly never seen a single track thats become devestated just from bikes?? Two wheeled steep fire trails that 4wd's use is another whole kettle of Fish.

Must admit though you dont want idiots out there spoiling it acting like tools.

Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:20 pm
TRAIL HACK

I'm waiting to hear the news about an injured rider found purely by luck by a search party all because the rider was on an unknown trail that no one knew existed.

Thu 23 Jun, 2011 5:02 pm
TRAIL HACK

Uzi wrote:
- DO NOT piss any farmers of - we've stopped and chatted to one of them out there and he agreed that all it took is a few to leave gates open or piss them off and they will close off some of the good access points - he was happy if we did the right thing.

Probably the most important of them all. Also the jerks that leave all their rubbish behind both out on the the trail and at the car parks. Its not that F##KING hard to take it with you, you C**T s.

This word filter is balls too.

Thu 23 Jun, 2011 5:36 pm
TRAIL GURU

i agree to an extent...

I used to always, always ride down at tamborine, you know underneath the power lines....

THEN ONE DAY

a group of wankers riding shitty MX bikes decided they wanted to try the tracks out as well,
Anyway everything was fine until someone fell off and hurt themselves'
being wankers they immediately tried to blame everyone else other then themselves
who did they find?
the land owners..
and what did they try to do to the land owners?
Sue them for damages (No really.. ill explain after the story)

This naturally enraged the landowners who happened to be delfin.
In turn delfin erected signs, blocked off the main entrance and asked the 5-0 along with park rangers to chase out anyone caught on the land.

If i hadn't been referred to TRA i would still be sitting at home on weekends with no where to ride.

I first heard this story from two police officers that had asked us to leave while we were out riding one day, we havent been back since.

So to conclude yes if you show people other then your close nit mates then yes there will be a HUGGGEE influx of wankersss, but if you dont people like myself wont get a chance to hit the tracks and meet new people and help further this extremely enjoyable sport/recreational activity.
:wav

Fri 24 Jun, 2011 6:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
support our sponsors Servicing SEQLD
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.