View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun 22 Oct, 2017 7:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Dirtbike Movie - Reloaded! 
TRAIL YOBBO

Post Dirtbike Movie - Reloaded!

http://youtu.be/djdgGkuQVCc
^ click HD if you've got the bandwidth to spare :hiding

This is a movie of a recent solo ride, when you are by yourself you get a chance to play with cameras more and see more things.
In a way it this vid is a failure as I wanted it to be for non-riders (family and friends) to understand the simple pleasure of taking a bike into a state forest in a first person perspective, I think I was trying to hard to make it unboring.
I'm no gun rider but I hope you can appreciate the location, photography and edit. drunken_smilie

08 KTM 200

Wed 19 Dec, 2012 6:23 pm
TRAIL BOSS

Post Re: Dirtbike Movie - Reloaded!
br0m wrote:
In a way it this vid is a failure as I wanted it to be for non-riders (family and friends) to understand the simple pleasure of taking a bike into a state forest in a first person perspective, I think I was trying to hard to make it unboring.

Great work on the vid icon_thumright Unfortunately, unless you can get your family and friends out on the bike with you they may never understand :D :wav :headbang

Wed 19 Dec, 2012 7:07 pm
TRAIL GURU

Its a great idea, I love the concept of making a video to explain to our non dirtbike riding family and friends why it is that we are most happy when we are lost in the bush. The problem with it is, no matter how interesting your video is to us, it's boring to them. As a test of this, I asked my wife to watch your video with me. At around the 4 min mark I was on the edge of my seat with sore eyes because I hadn't blinked in way too long, then I looked at my missus and she was burried in her phone updating her facebook status or whatever it is she does on there. Long story short, great video, I loved it, but i feel you could have been doing superman seat grab double backflips blindfolded and juggling fire balls and my wife would still not be able to pay attention for more than 10 seconds.

Wed 19 Dec, 2012 9:46 pm
TRAIL YOBBO

Haha that's funny STAFF, my Mrs is the same, no interest, I'm happy if I'm stating the obvious to riders, I know we all know how fun it is to fang around the bush, this can be a reminder if nothing else

Quote:
Unfortunately, unless you can get your family and friends out on the bike with you they may never understand.

I think you're right about that ari, it would be good to get them out there but they are 800ks away, my dad use to ride when he was young, he must have been loose to, he said him and his mate's use to always snap the rear fender, lol!

Thanks guys, happy you like it

08 KTM 200

Wed 19 Dec, 2012 10:57 pm
TRAIL LEGEND

Part of the prob was mentioned by Saff. There are so many "extreme" vids these days that us mere mortals just look boring. Its the same with surfing, people see the tow in vids and ask "do you do that?"

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 9:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 
support our sponsors Servicing SEQLD
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.