View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu 19 Oct, 2017 1:29 pm



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Some OLD SCHOOL 500ungy racing 1989 
Author Message
TRAIL GURU
User avatar

Joined: Wed 19 Aug, 2009 9:23 pm
Posts: 461
Location: NTH BRISBANE
Post Some OLD SCHOOL 500ungy racing 1989
Check this out this is gold....

Dont you just love the safety back then.......just a couple of hay barrels in front of a huge tree....while they ride past at full noise.

And check out one part of the track looks like bituman.

At the 2.00min mark....some random dude in the crowd gets his face in the video.....nice porno mustache mate....

By the way Jeoff Leisk is number 18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBOGDQnc ... re=related

_________________
________________________________

05 CRF450X......
97 XR400R
94 XR250R
92 ZZR250


Wed 07 Mar, 2012 8:41 pm
Profile
TRAIL YOBBO

Joined: Wed 09 Feb, 2011 9:08 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Kilcoy
Post Re: Some OLD SCHOOL 500ungy racing 1989
Pure Gold Ranger! the track is Namur in Belgium I think,famous for having the only bitumen in motocross! Always meant to go there,never did,dare say theyre not allowed to race on it any more. :nono


Wed 07 Mar, 2012 9:07 pm
Profile
TRAIL HACK
User avatar

Joined: Wed 19 Aug, 2009 3:56 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Brisbane
Post Re: Some OLD SCHOOL 500ungy racing 1989
Great old schol vid. Thorpe, Geobers, Nicoll, and most importantly, the flying Freckle, Mr Jeff Leisk. For the younger ones out there who may not realize, Leisky should have one the world championship that year, but he ran out of fuel on the last lap of a race that he was leading. That cost him the #1 plate. Very disappointing.

Was fortunate enough to a school with Leisky many moons ago and the dude can twist the throttle and is a really down to earth nice guy.

Love the 5 hungys by the way, and around Namur, first class.

_________________
I now eat whale meat
11 KX450F

Last ride
F@%K the Whales...Save the two stroke
08 KTM 300EXC


Wed 07 Mar, 2012 9:36 pm
Profile
TRAIL LEGEND

Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 9:12 pm
Posts: 1330
Location: The part of warner i thought was good till i got robbed
Post Re: Some OLD SCHOOL 500ungy racing 1989
TEXASRANGER wrote:
Check this out this is gold....

Dont you just love the safety back then.......just a couple of hay barrels in front of a huge tree....while they ride past at full noise.

And check out one part of the track looks like bituman.

At the 2.00min mark....some random dude in the crowd gets his face in the video.....nice porno mustache mate....

By the way Jeoff Leisk is number 18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBOGDQnc ... re=related


Is that Hori on no 67 ??


Wed 07 Mar, 2012 11:40 pm
Profile
TRAIL GURU
User avatar

Joined: Wed 19 Aug, 2009 9:23 pm
Posts: 461
Location: NTH BRISBANE
Post Re: Some OLD SCHOOL 500ungy racing 1989
swapper wrote:
Great old schol vid. Thorpe, Geobers, Nicoll, and most importantly, the flying Freckle, Mr Jeff Leisk. For the younger ones out there who may not realize, Leisky should have one the world championship that year, but he ran out of fuel on the last lap of a race that he was leading. That cost him the #1 plate. Very disappointing.

Was fortunate enough to a school with Leisky many moons ago and the dude can twist the throttle and is a really down to earth nice guy.

Love the 5 hungys by the way, and around Namur, first class.


Hey Swapper......would you believe that when I started dirt bike riding about 17 years ago I joined the Northern Districts motorcyle club and on the night I started they gave me a old set of riding pants as I did not have any.....they told me they were Jeoff Leisk......back then I was new to the sport and had no idea who he was.......I since had passed them down to my Nephew ages ago.....may have been worth a bit now yeh

_________________
________________________________

05 CRF450X......
97 XR400R
94 XR250R
92 ZZR250


Thu 08 Mar, 2012 7:57 am
Profile
TRAIL BOSS
User avatar

Joined: Sun 05 Feb, 2012 4:43 pm
Posts: 272
Location: albany creek
Post Re: Some OLD SCHOOL 500ungy racing 1989
check out all those hondas on the startline


Thu 08 Mar, 2012 5:01 pm
Profile
TRAIL LEGEND
User avatar

Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:31 pm
Posts: 1257
Post Re: Some OLD SCHOOL 500ungy racing 1989
Hondas ruled back then, i cant let it go. Like good fashion and the mullet, they'll be back :headbang

_________________
Paul CR 500 AF-X and Donna 2007 450X + OTHERS
Turning Dollars into Dust


Thu 08 Mar, 2012 7:42 pm
Profile
TRAIL GURU
User avatar

Joined: Wed 19 Aug, 2009 9:23 pm
Posts: 461
Location: NTH BRISBANE
Post Re: Some OLD SCHOOL 500ungy racing 1989
Paul450X wrote:
Hondas ruled back then, i cant let it go. Like good fashion and the mullet, they'll be back :headbang


icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright :headbang :headbang :headbang

_________________
________________________________

05 CRF450X......
97 XR400R
94 XR250R
92 ZZR250


Fri 09 Mar, 2012 7:29 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 
support our sponsors Servicing Australia
Info on how to become a sponsor here. Full directory listing of sponsors here.



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.