www.trailrideraustralia.com
http://www.trailrideraustralia.com/

rm 250 06 - 08 mains
http://www.trailrideraustralia.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8571
Page 1 of 1

Author:  vikingrider [ Sun 18 Oct, 2015 12:30 pm ]
Post subject:  rm 250 06 - 08 mains

looking for exp mechanic to rebuild split cases and reassemble my rm250 06 motor and replace mains bearings. ( ive got the service manual as well ) prefere gold coast / brisbane area?

#1 - first I drained gerabox oil -
dirty but no metal and nothing on the magnet.
it only just started binding up yesterday - not seized.
#2 ive taken barrell piston off checked = perfect ok
crank feels good so its not big end.
clutch taken off = perfect as well.

I can still feel binding on and off as the motor is turned by hand.
Feels like one of the mains has run and now i see some small metal fragments are in the 2 stroke oil at the bottom of the motor when the crank dips into it. very minor.
ive ordered the complete engine gasket set and a set of hot rod mains bearings kit with seals.
ill take the motor out - any suggestions RE-expected $ costs to just split check and reassemble. I could probably do it myself but im not really that experienced with gearboxes and cranks and pressing bearings in and out of cases.
Cash$ :headbang Eric 0410817455

Author:  Hori [ Sun 18 Oct, 2015 3:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: rm 250 06 - 08 mains

Andrew 435 has shop ..
But im sure no $$ at completion no pickup engine .
He been stung before ..

But has re built my 450 bottom end and gearbox and tm top ends
Top job ..

Author:  bestbuddy [ Sun 18 Oct, 2015 10:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: rm 250 06 - 08 mains

vikingrider wrote:
looking for exp mechanic to rebuild split cases and reassemble my rm250 06 motor and replace mains bearings. ( ive got the service manual as well ) prefere gold coast / brisbane area?

#1 - first I drained gerabox oil -
dirty but no metal and nothing on the magnet.
it only just started binding up yesterday - not seized.
#2 ive taken barrell piston off checked = perfect ok
crank feels good so its not big end.
clutch taken off = perfect as well.

I can still feel binding on and off as the motor is turned by hand.
Feels like one of the mains has run and now i see some small metal fragments are in the 2 stroke oil at the bottom of the motor when the crank dips into it. very minor.
ive ordered the complete engine gasket set and a set of hot rod mains bearings kit with seals.
ill take the motor out - any suggestions RE-expected $ costs to just split check and reassemble. I could probably do it myself but im not really that experienced with gearboxes and cranks and pressing bearings in and out of cases.
Cash$ :headbang Eric 0410817455


Ok mate this is confusing ..

Rm or rmz ??

Rm gearbox nothing to do with crank..
You mention crank dipping into 2 stroke oil ???

More info please !!
BB

Author:  vikingrider [ Mon 19 Oct, 2015 12:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: rm 250 06 - 08 mains

u being picky me thinks
#1 id never own a 4 stroke dirtbike again!
#2 in all 2 strokes oil builds up in the bottom of the crank and pools so the big end dips in.
#3 if one mentions 2 troke oil in the txt its cause its a 2 stroke?????
#4 just saying is not the gearbox nipping up if the oil is clean -proved it now = def mains
#5 RMZ is not an RM no where have i mentiond RMZ
#6 And if your not going to be helpful keep your picky suggestions to your self and stick to revving up hori.

Author:  Hori [ Mon 19 Oct, 2015 4:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: rm 250 06 - 08 mains

Well said viking
Bb just father mechanic
Go see Andrew

Author:  bestbuddy [ Mon 19 Oct, 2015 5:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: rm 250 06 - 08 mains

vikingrider wrote:
u being picky me thinks
#1 id never own a 4 stroke dirtbike again!
#2 in all 2 strokes oil builds up in the bottom of the crank and pools so the big end dips in.
#3 if one mentions 2 troke oil in the txt its cause its a 2 stroke?????
#4 just saying is not the gearbox nipping up if the oil is clean -proved it now = def mains
#5 RMZ is not an RM no where have i mentiond RMZ
#6 And if your not going to be helpful keep your picky suggestions to your self and stick to revving up hori.



Not picking on you at all mate ..
Just clarifying things ?
Cause on a 2 stroke oil doesn't pool in the crank ,
I was going to say I could help you for free and the money you save would be best spent in a new crank while it was apart .
icon_scratch icon_scratch

Author:  bestbuddy [ Mon 19 Oct, 2015 5:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: rm 250 06 - 08 mains

Also you could slip the primary gear off jus to have a batter feel of the mains .

Author:  vikingrider [ Mon 19 Oct, 2015 7:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: rm 250 06 - 08 mains

I did exactly that - confirmed its the main bearing nipping up!
And thanks for the input.

Author:  andrew435 [ Tue 20 Oct, 2015 6:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: rm 250 06 - 08 mains

bestbuddy wrote:
vikingrider wrote:
u being picky me thinks
#1 id never own a 4 stroke dirtbike again!
#2 in all 2 strokes oil builds up in the bottom of the crank and pools so the big end dips in.
#3 if one mentions 2 troke oil in the txt its cause its a 2 stroke?????
#4 just saying is not the gearbox nipping up if the oil is clean -proved it now = def mains
#5 RMZ is not an RM no where have i mentiond RMZ
#6 And if your not going to be helpful keep your picky suggestions to your self and stick to revving up hori.



Not picking on you at all mate ..
Just clarifying things ?
Cause on a 2 stroke oil doesn't pool in the crank ,
I was going to say I could help you for free and the money you save would be best spent in a new crank while it was apart .
icon_scratch icon_scratch



If oil doesn't pool in the crankcase how does the mains and big end get lubrication icon_scratch why put a new crank in it when you can just replace the rod dontknow

Good idea take it to him

Author:  Hori [ Wed 21 Oct, 2015 4:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: rm 250 06 - 08 mains

My oil pooks in my Crankcase waiting for Freak all the time !!!!!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 10 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/